Delay Compensation off when using Buss

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jimhenry
Expert

Delay Compensation off when using Buss

Post by jimhenry » Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:23 pm

Hi- Is there a setting to fix this? As soon as I use a buss, the reverb effect has latency. If I lower the buffer the latency is reduced but it's still there. Any help greatly appreciated.

Ipad pro 12.9
Latest OS

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Delay Compensation off when using Buss

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:37 pm

It’s important to know what reverb your using? What sampling rate are you in? Is the reverb on the sending track or the buss track? Is this happening to just a reverb effect or all effects? Do you have a pre-delay set on your reverb? Finally what version of Auria Pro are you using? Cheers

jimhenry
Expert

Post by jimhenry » Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:37 pm

Hi Anthony-

Thank you very much for responding. Here's the deal:

The problem happens with the Fabfilter Pro-R as well as Classicverb pro. I'm using 44.1. It seems to only affect the reverb effects. Predelay can be at zero and it still happens. I'm using the latest version of Auria.

I am using the largest buffer becasue I have lots of effects going. If I lower the buffer, the delay gets shorter, but then the CPU gets over-taxed.

Here's what I'm doing: I have two mono OH drum tracks that I'm sending to a stereo track, buss 1. I'm sending buss 1 to a submix along with all the other drums. I have a drum reverb on aux 2, a diferent reverb for everything else on aux 1.

Using aux 1 and aux 2 reverbs on buss 1, they both work fine, no delay. when I use either aux 1 or aux 2 on any of the other channels, including the subs, there is a delay. If I get rid of the buss, the delay is gone.

ANy insights?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:02 pm

Ok thanks I will try to duplicate that as I have all those plugins. I’ll get back to you. Cheers.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:25 am

Well unfortunately my tests show that your iPad was getting low on memory or that multiple busses were connected in series. But other than that I couldn’t track down any other reason . I tested on an iPad Air and 2 iPad pros. Sorry I couldn’t be much help on this one. Good luck.

jimhenry
Expert

Post by jimhenry » Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:29 am

Thanks so much for trying.

If I can figure it out I’ll let you know.
Thanks again, JH