Project moved off the iPad and Back is missing events!!!!

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Espiegel123
Expert

Project moved off the iPad and Back is missing events!!!!

Post by Espiegel123 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:59 am

Others have reported that they have sometimes opened a project only to find events missing from the timeline they know were there. I just had such an experience that has left me a bit shaken. I spent all day yesterday working on a project that had eight tracks. When I thought I was finished and had mixed it all down, I moved the project off my iPad for archiving.

Last night, I decided to make a tweak and moved the project back to my iPad. When I opened the project, several key tracks were empty. I opened all the snapshots and all of the snapshots but one were from more than an hour before the project was finished. So, somehow the auto snapshot mechanism had stopped working because only one of the snapshots had the three tracks recorded 60 to 90 minutes before I stopped working.

This left me quite shaken as recreating the events from the audio file’s would be an arduous task on most projects.

Most jarring was that when I opened the project, those tracks were on the mixing board but there were no events in them.

During the last 30 minutes, before finalizing the mixdown, I had renamed and reordered tracks and did clean up.

Espiegel123
Expert

Re: Project moved off the iPad and Back is missing events!!!!

Post by Espiegel123 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:09 pm

RIM/COREY!!!!! Something seriously bad is wrong. I am going through some unfinished projects on my iPad (without having first moved them to iCloud) and am running into the same issue (or worse).

I just opened a project that is about 18 months old. When it opens it is completely empty -- showing only the Submix channel strips. No other tracks. There are snapshots there --and the last one seems correct. But this is worrisome and alarming.

Others have reported similar issues. Perhaps you can look at some of the projects where this is happening and figure out why?

It gives me no confidence that when I open a project that it will be in the state it was in when I last edited it. Others have reported similar in the last few months.