SOme info about the "We’ve identified a bug in the Core Audio system"

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

sodium
Expert

SOme info about the "We’ve identified a bug in the Core Audio system"

Post by sodium » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:17 pm

HI all,

just adding something I noticed when using my (admittedly older iPad) over the holidays and 2nd gen iRig Pro interface, , I also got constant "We’ve identified a bug in the Core Audio system which can cause issues if headphones are plugged in after plugging in this device." warning and then the program was unusable, crashing constantly at nearly every action.

In desperation I tired using my older 1st gen iRig audio interface and the issue disappeared. Auria Pro went back to being a stable (genius:) and worked perfectly.

So if it's any help, that might be a clue to helping solve the issue if you are in similar circumstances.

Cheers,stay safe and all the best for a better year in 2021!
na
"get down off that cross we could use the wood..."

Espiegel123
Expert

Re: SOme info about the "We’ve identified a bug in the Core Audio system"

Post by Espiegel123 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:57 pm

sodium wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:17 pm
HI all,

just adding something I noticed when using my (admittedly older iPad) over the holidays and 2nd gen iRig Pro interface, , I also got constant "We’ve identified a bug in the Core Audio system which can cause issues if headphones are plugged in after plugging in this device." warning and then the program was unusable, crashing constantly at nearly every action.

In desperation I tired using my older 1st gen iRig audio interface and the issue disappeared. Auria Pro went back to being a stable (genius:) and worked perfectly.

So if it's any help, that might be a clue to helping solve the issue if you are in similar circumstances.

Cheers,stay safe and all the best for a better year in 2021!
na
Have you updated to the latest Auria? That bug seems to have been fixed.

sodium
Expert

Post by sodium » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:55 pm

HI Espiegel123, I think I'm on the latest version....V2.29?

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:44 am

sodium wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:55 pm
HI Espiegel123, I think I'm on the latest version....V2.29?
Interesting. I had that issue with iRig HD 2 in the previous version but not in 2.29

What OS version?

sodium
Expert

Post by sodium » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:40 pm

OS is 12.5 (the iPad is older and wont support newer OS....)

Cheers

Phil999
Expert

Post by Phil999 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:06 am

i think we get this warning every time we attach some kind of interface or microphone to the Lightning port. Before starting Auria we are advised in this message to attach the headphone first. To me it makes sense, and Auria has been stable every time.

In my case it is an Apogee Mic (with built-in AD converter).

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:24 am

Phil999 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:06 am
i think we get this warning every time we attach some kind of interface or microphone to the Lightning port. Before starting Auria we are advised in this message to attach the headphone first. To me it makes sense, and Auria has been stable every time.

In my case it is an Apogee Mic (with built-in AD converter).
phil999: It is not typical to get that message when connecting an audio interface via the lightning port if AP is not launched.

I can confirm that I am getting the "We've identified a bug" alert in AP whether the the interface was plugged in before AP launches or after.

iOS 13.7. Interface iRig HD2

anniesocial

Post by anniesocial » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:10 pm

I’m having this difficulty as well. It happens even if I switch app focus (any app), meaning if I switch to AudioShare and then switch back to Auria I get the core audio error. I’m using the first version Apogee One, but didn’t suffer from this problem before. Then I lose audio output, and if I disconnect the One and plug it back in I’ll get the error notification but at least get audio output.

anniesocial

Post by anniesocial » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:58 pm

There is a pattern to this - usually get the core audio pop up once or twice when opening the app, and four times in a row every time I switch the focus to another app and switch back.

Incidentally, every single time I close Auria, when I reopen it tells me Auria crashed and wants me to submit a crash report.

Would really be great if this issue could be fixed or at least acknowledged!