Massive Pan Bug

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

LeMorque

Massive Pan Bug

Post by LeMorque » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:01 am

Hi,

I just bought Auria two days ago and unfortunately it welcomed me with a bug: whenever I pan a mono track hard right (left is okay) the track becomes a distorted mess. It can‘t be muted or soloed and „pushes“ away all other tracks. It also becomes wide and sounds like it‘s going through reverb. At first I thought that I managed to create a feedback loop through an Aux (that‘s how it sounds). As soon as I turn the pan knob from 100 to 99 everything goes back to normal.

iPad Pro 10.5
iOS 14.2
Auria 2.29
Pan law 4.5db

Rodolfo
Expert

Re: Massive Pan Bug

Post by Rodolfo » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:15 pm

I can confirm the bug too.

IPad Pro 9.7 (1st gen)
Auria Pro 2.25 (yes, the bug has been present for a while now)
IOS 13.7

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:05 pm

Thanks, I'll add it to my list. Can you please try and see if 64 bit mixer mode makes a difference?

Rim

Rodolfo
Expert

Post by Rodolfo » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:22 pm

Rim wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:05 pm
Thanks, I'll add it to my list. Can you please try and see if 64 bit mixer mode makes a difference?

Rim
Same issue at 64 bits mixer.
Rodolfo

LeMorque

Post by LeMorque » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:11 am

What I noticed is when turning the Pan knob down from 100, the distortion seems to go on for as long as you played the track hard panned. So when you hard pan the track just for a second the distortion disappears almost instantly, whereas if you hard pan it for ten seconds the distortion persists much longer. Not even stopping and resuming playback gets rid of it. Maybe that helps pinpointing what’s causing the issue.

Rodolfo, did you have any Aux effects loaded? I ask because of the reverby sound.

I got Classic verb, stereo delay, convolution verb and chorus loaded. When I noticed the distortion it might have been only the classic verb.

Rodolfo
Expert

Post by Rodolfo » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:53 pm

I investigated he issue a little bit more, and for some reason I cannot replicate it anymore,
I had two mono guitar tracks hard panned L/R that were sent through Bus1 to another track with Tonestack (as IAA) loaded as an insert. When one of the tracks was set to 100 Right the signal dissapeared on the receiving track with Tonestack, and as soon as it was set to 99 Right it appeared again. Made some changes and now I cannot reproduce the issue anymore. i suspect that it has to do with the receiving channel where Tonestack was loaded, maybe it was a mono audio track instead of a stereo track, I’m not sure. As i’m still running v2.25 maybe it’s not the same thing but it can be related to the new bug reported, something in the code that got modified in a later version and now is causing issues. I didn’t get any distortion though, just the muted sound at 100 Right pan.
It would be great if other users running v 2.29 can check this issue and try to reproduce it.
Rodolfo