New Update Is Out - Fixes Most Issues - But Not All

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Studio1

New Update Is Out - Fixes Most Issues - But Not All

Post by Studio1 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:52 am

I just downloaded the new update, this is what it fixed and some of the remaining issues. (Ipad Pro. IOS 14.2)

Things it fixed:
-Can loop without it crashing.
-In edit view can move Audio waveforms without it crashing.
-Random crashing in Edit View overall seemed to stop.

This one is a fix, but then I think creates a new issue:
-When creating a new project, saving project, etc. The text is being displayed properly.
BUT, it only takes up about 3/4 of the screen now. Which works for creating and saving new projects.
Where this does not work is when Importing Files, which is the remaining issue...

Remaining Issue:
-Cannot Import Files, because the screen where you import files is only 3/4 wide, not allowing you to click "save" or "ok" to Import the file.
There is text you can see that would allow you to import files (I think it says "New Folder" and "Save", maybe "OK"), but that is on the extra 1/4 of display screen that does not exist (transparent) and you cannot touch/click the text to Import the file(s).

gmvengineer

Re: New Update Is Out - Fixes Most Issues - But Not All

Post by gmvengineer » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:13 pm

Is this update a beta or official release? I’m not seeing it in App Store.

Thanks,

Studio1

Post by Studio1 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:59 pm

Official release I think. It was in my App Store.

gmvengineer

Post by gmvengineer » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:47 pm

What is the version number?

Thanks,

Studio1

Post by Studio1 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:37 pm

Actually I take back what I stated in my initial post.

I did a few quick tests earlier and it seem to fix all the editing view issues.

But I started working on a project later and all the same issues are still there. I tested with some other projects and a new project.

Issues that are still ongoing:
-Moving audio waveforms makes it crash
-Trying to set up a loop makes it crash
-And still cannot import file, because there is literally no way to import them, due to the "OK" option not being on the display screen like I stated in my initial post.

anuragmk

Post by anuragmk » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:43 am

Everything seems to work fine for me in this new update. I would like to have the Master channel on the mixer window to be persistent on the screen while scrolling through other channels.

Studio1

Post by Studio1 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:28 am

anuragmk wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:43 am
Everything seems to work fine for me in this new update. I would like to have the Master channel on the mixer window to be persistent on the screen while scrolling through other channels.
Are you running IOS 14.2?

pfskate

Post by pfskate » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:58 am

Auria pro will not load most of my projects and just crashes. Worked 11/24. iPad 5th generation, iPadOS 14.2. Will load projects that it creates after a crash, "New Project 2". Will not load a project that has tracks and fabfilter inserts. I can create a new project which has no tracks and the fabfilter inserts linked. Will not reload this file without tracks and just crashes. Help!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:02 am

After spending a couple of days on this one, I found out this is an Apple issue. There's a bug in iOS 14.2 in CoreMID and it affects a lot of other apps as well (in sometimes subtle ways). There's no effective workaround, but I have heard that this will be fixed in 14.3.

In the mean time, I am releasing another Auria update which disables CoreMIDI for iPads running 14.2. All normal internal MIDI functionality will continue to work within Auria (AUv3 for example), but if you need to send MIDI to an external app using CoreMIDI, this will be disabled until 14.3.

Another alternative is to roll back your iPad to 14.1 if you can.

Rim

anuragmk

Post by anuragmk » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:00 am

Studio1 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:28 am
Are you running IOS 14.2?
Yes. On new ipad air

rattenjunge

Post by rattenjunge » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:34 am

Thanks for keeping us updated!
Apart from the crashes that happen when moving audio that seem to be related to core Midi, i have 3 more bugs that i find to be annoying:
1. Sending Audiofiles to Auria does not work since they dont show up in the inbox folder.
2. Importing Audio via Edit->Share->Import from Audioshare often results in crashes
3. I cant overwrite Projects when saving to Dropbox. I get an errormessage telling me that upload failed everytime i try. Upload works fine if i give the project a different name.

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:04 pm

rattenjunge wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:34 am
Thanks for keeping us updated!
Apart from the crashes that happen when moving audio that seem to be related to core Midi, i have 3 more bugs that i find to be annoying:
1. Sending Audiofiles to Auria does not work since they dont show up in the inbox folder.
2. Importing Audio via Edit->Share->Import from Audioshare often results in crashes
3. I cant overwrite Projects when saving to Dropbox. I get an errormessage telling me that upload failed everytime i try. Upload works fine if i give the project a different name.
For the timebeing
* To get files into Auria, use the Files app and move/save/copy files into the Auria Pro folder. As long as I have used the app (about 3 years), open in/copy to from the share sheet has not done anything. Auria doesn't seem to make use of this (and it has been reported a number of times).
* Rather than use using Auria save to dropbox menu, it works better (and faster) use Save Project to Other app. This creates a zip file of the project and presents the share sheet. You can save to files or dropbox from the share sheet and it is much faster than using "Save Project to Dropbox". I believe that Save Project to Dropbox dates from the time before Files when there wasn't any practical way to get copies of stuff from iPad into the cloud other than through Dropbox's API. But that method is really slow compared to the other methods in my experience (sometimes by a factor of 10).

Gyamma

Post by Gyamma » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:15 pm

Hi,
New Auria user and new to the forum, I’m facing the same issues listed above:
3/4 screen , seems related to iPad Pro , after disabling the option import file window is shown and works correctly on 12.9 2018 IPad Pro.
Auria crashes when downloading free Lyra samples, I’m experimenting it as I tried a clean install in hope of get rid of moving midi/audio clips bug (Auria crashes as soon as I long press the clips); I’ll try disabling core audio as mentioned.
Thank you for support

C Holdz
Expert

Post by C Holdz » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:08 pm

The crashes are all from iOS 14.2 imo....everything worked almost perfectly until now...now its always crashing on my iPad Pro 10.5 (cubasis 3 crashes a lot less, and i think they might be fighting for resources and call requests to the processor)

Is anyone else running Auria pro with cubasis 3 on iOS 14? Have you noticed any conflict, because i think i have..

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:59 pm

As I mentioned, this is an Apple bug that won't be fixed until 14.3. In the mean time, I've submitted an update that disables CoreMIDI if you're running 14.2. This will stop the crashing until Apple fixes this in 14.3

Hopefully the new Auria update will get approved in the next day or two.

Rim