Official iOS 14 bug thread

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Dirge59
Expert

Re: Official iOS 14 bug thread

Post by Dirge59 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:46 pm

Dirge59 wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:38 pm
IOS 14.2 has killed Mackie MCU, on 3 different surface controllers. As soon as you hit ‘Send Remote’ it crashes. I know you don’t have a controller, but even MMC and DAW Control does the same thing?
Please fix this?? Please?
Today’s release of iOS 14.3 beta two has fix this problem! Thank God!

Dirge59
Expert

Post by Dirge59 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:47 pm

Dirge59 wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:38 pm
IOS 14.2 has killed Mackie MCU, on 3 different surface controllers. As soon as you hit ‘Send Remote’ it crashes. I know you don’t have a controller, but even MMC and DAW Control does the same thing?
Please fix this?? Please?
Today’s release of iOS 14.3 beta two has fix this problem! Thank God!

jussishow
Expert

Post by jussishow » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:47 pm

Don't know if this is a IOS 14 specific bug, but I can't remember encountering it before ...

iPad Pro 10.5 w IOS 14.2
Apogee One w the Maestro App.

Seems like the 'Play' button stops working when switching between Auria and Maestro ...

#1 : Open Maestro & select Externac mic w 48V and set level
#2 : Open Auria & create new project and record some tracks.
#3 : Switch back to Maestro to turn off Phantom power
#4 : Switch back to Auria and ... Everything else seems to work ! Forward, Reverse, double tappnig the 'Stop' button works as expected ...
But 'Play' doesn't do anything ... Have to re-start Auria.

?

jussishow
Expert

Post by jussishow » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:51 pm

This ‘bug’ still annoys me ...
I have to close down and re-open Auria every time I switch to Apogee Maestro to change some settings ...
And it’s only the ‘Play’ button that ‘falls out’ ...

Anyone else use Maestro ?

jussishow wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:47 pm
Don't know if this is a IOS 14 specific bug, but I can't remember encountering it before ...

iPad Pro 10.5 w IOS 14.2

Seems like the 'Play' button stops working when switching between Auria and Maestro ...

#4 : Switch back to Auria and ... Everything else seems to work ! Forward, Reverse, double tappnig the 'Stop' button works as expected ...

?

Rodolfo
Expert

Post by Rodolfo » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:25 pm

jussishow wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:51 pm
This ‘bug’ still annoys me ...
I have to close down and re-open Auria every time I switch to Apogee Maestro to change some settings ...
And it’s only the ‘Play’ button that ‘falls out’ ...

Anyone else use Maestro ?

jussishow wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:47 pm

iPad Pro 10.5 w IOS 14.2

?
This bug has been present for some time now, but there’s a simple workaround:
-Minimize Auria Pro (press home button or swipe up, depending on your device model) and open it again. The Play button will work fine now.
Rodolfo

jussishow
Expert

Post by jussishow » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:28 am

Thanks !
Found a post under 'General Discussion' where it was mentioned now ... Should've searched all the forum, not just under Bug Reports ! ;-)
Fingers crossed it's on the 'to be fixed' list !
Rodolfo wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:25 pm
This bug has been present for some time now, but there’s a simple workaround:
-Minimize Auria Pro (press home button or swipe up, depending on your device model) and open it again. The Play button will work fine now.
Rodolfo

Timo

Post by Timo » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:33 am

Changing record level still does not work.

iPadOS 14.3
Auria Pro 2.29
iPad Pro 10.5
SPL Crimson v2

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:44 am

@Timo,
You should only be using the Mic Gain on your SPL interface. You do not need the software record gain in Auria.

Timo

Post by Timo » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:28 am

Corey,

Thanks for your response.

I know how to do the gain staging. But if I want to adjust gain the way that SPL states on the manual (touching -6 dbfs/ +9 dBu on the converter occasionally) then channel meter on Auria is hitting happily on red half of the time. This is because I can´t adjust record level from Auria to match the converter anymore. It was still working on Auria 2.24. After that not.

All the best,
Timo

Sabicas

Post by Sabicas » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:27 pm

I have the lastest IOS installed on a an iPad Air (2020 model). I'm using a Motu M2 interface and running a 48k sample rate project. I'm using the non-pro version of Auria.

- I can't get to the the master strip FX button. It's either covered up by the CPU meter or, I disable the meter in settings and can no longer get to the master bus at all. In the latter situation, I can scroll to it momentarily but it won't stay when I release my finger.

- I plug in a usb-c-to-headphone adapter (not lightning) and get the prompt saying I should plug the device in before or after startup. Whichever, it's irrelevant because I've tried it both ways. I have to hit 'OK' several times to get past the prompt.

- I get the crash report prompt every time I start up the app. I haven't figured out another way to shut the app down besides the standard IOS method, but Auria apparently thinks that's a crash.

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:33 pm

Sabicas wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:27 pm
I have the lastest IOS installed on a an iPad Air (2020 model). I'm using a Motu M2 interface and running a 48k sample rate project. I'm using the non-pro version of Auria.

- I can't get to the the master strip FX button. It's either covered up by the CPU meter or, I disable the meter in settings and can no longer get to the master bus at all. In the latter situation, I can scroll to it momentarily but it won't stay when I release my finger.

- I plug in a usb-c-to-headphone adapter (not lightning) and get the prompt saying I should plug the device in before or after startup. Whichever, it's irrelevant because I've tried it both ways. I have to hit 'OK' several times to get past the prompt.

- I get the crash report prompt every time I start up the app. I haven't figured out another way to shut the app down besides the standard IOS method, but Auria apparently thinks that's a crash.
Fwiw, that panel about plugging in gne headphones is bug triggered by almost any audio interface and is seemingly unavoidable.

Sabicas

Post by Sabicas » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:12 pm

Espiegel123 wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:33 pm
Sabicas wrote:

Fwiw, that panel about plugging in gne headphones is bug triggered by almost any audio interface and is seemingly unavoidable.
Understood.

How do I work around the first bug I reported, where I can't get to the master strip FX button? How else would I apply something like a "tape" effect to the entire mix?

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:10 pm

Sabicas wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:12 pm
Espiegel123 wrote:
Sabicas wrote:

Understood.

How do I work around the first bug I reported, where I can't get to the master strip FX button? How else would I apply something like a "tape" effect to the entire mix?
No, idea. But, I think you should post that particular bug as a new topic to see if you can get Rim or Corey's attention -- and send an email to their support address as well -- you might also want to post a video demonstrating it. I don't have that issue on my 9.7" iPad (running iOS 13.7). So, I don't know what workaround there might be.

Does anything change if you add new channel strips? (I wonder if changing the mixer's width might result in it recalculating the mixer width).

Sabicas

Post by Sabicas » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:52 pm

Espiegel123 wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:10 pm
Sabicas wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:12 pm
Espiegel123 wrote:

Understood.

No, idea. But, I think you should post that particular bug as a new topic to see if you can get Rim or Corey's attention -- and send an email to their support address as well -- you might also want to post a video demonstrating it. I don't have that issue on my 9.7" iPad (running iOS 13.7). So, I don't know what workaround there might be.

Does anything change if you add new channel strips? (I wonder if changing the mixer's width might result in it recalculating the mixer width).
I just sent them a screen-capture-video. I did just figure out a workaround though. If I tap over in the black border, I can access the FX button and control the fader.

I found this while searching for the bug resolution, yesterday. I'll post my workaround.
https://www.auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15878

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:26 pm

Is anyone getting Auria Pro to work with Audiobus 3 in iOS 14?

It works for me on iOS 13.7 but someone is not able to get it to work on iOS 14 over on the Audiobus forum -- due to Auria not implementing the Network Permissions that iOS 14 added.