How to reproduce
- Open Auria Pro, add midi track this will have a Lyra piano in its instrument slot
- Add the free ‚Audeonic StreamByter (Intrument)‘ AU plugin in first insert slot.
Beware: Do not load the ‚Audeonic StreamByter‘ variant, as that is midi-only and does not forward audio (there is already a AP bug-report concerning this behavior)
- Load the following script:
The script allows to issue fixed ‚note on‘, ‚note on with velocity zero‘ (which should be treated as note off according to midi standard) and true ‚note off‘ midi messages using GUI buttons
Code: Select all
If LOAD Set Q0 Note_ON +BUTTON Set Q1 Vel0_OFF +BUTTON Set Q2 True_OFF +BUTTON Set Q3 +HIDE Set Q4 +HIDE Set Q5 +HIDE Set Q6 +HIDE Set Q7 +HIDE Set slider_display 1 End If M0 == F0 7D 01 If M3 == 0 set lb0 SOn Send 90 40 60 End If M3 == 1 set lb0 SOff_V0 Send 90 40 00 End If M3 == 2 set lb0 SOff_True Send 80 40 00 End End
- Set BPM to 60 for convienience, enable midi note recording for the track, set track to record enable
- Open Auria Pro keyboard, point to track one
- Open the midi plugin (from channel strip, inserts)
- As a first test, start recording and act like described in the image:
This shows that a sequence of note-on and true note-off is recorded and played back without problem if issued by a midi plugin.
- Now for the error case, delete the recorded data and re-record using the ‚note-on‘ and ‚note-on vel zero‘ buttons instead
The same applies if the midi plugin generating such a sequence is in the instrument slot, like in the case of EG Pulse mentioned above.
If the exact same script is used in AudioBus and then the midi is send over to Auria Pro, AP will record such a ‚note-on‘ / ‚note-on vel zero‘ sequence, upon inspection of the tracks midi data it seems that external midi ‚note-on vel zero‘ get converted to true-note off. External midi keyboards sending ‚note-on velocity zero‘ instead of note-off are also recorded correctly.
Additionally it would be really nice, if a ‚midi only plugin‘ in the insert fx slots would be skipped in the audio chain, as these never will forward the audio buffer.