Bouncing is not working!

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Cjua17

Bouncing is not working!

Post by Cjua17 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:39 pm

Bouncing is fundamental in a DAW, and is not working for me.

I tried to bounce some tracks but doesn’t record anything in the new track.

Please fix this :cry:

Rodolfo
Expert

Re: Bouncing is not working!

Post by Rodolfo » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:46 am

It’s working fine as far as I have tested it.
Could you please share details on what you are doing? Plugins involved (if any), AP version, IOS version, IOS device, and the specific steps that lead to the problem you describe.
Thanks.

Rodolfo

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:30 am

Works here too, please let us know how to reproduce the issue.

Thanks,
Rim

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:13 am

Cjua17 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:39 pm
Bouncing is fundamental in a DAW, and is not working for me.

I tried to bounce some tracks but doesn’t record anything in the new track.

Please fix this :cry:
If you could screen record this and post, it might help figure out what is going on.

Bitterrogue

Post by Bitterrogue » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:27 pm

I’m having the same issue. I’m afraid I’m too much of a novice to give you much technical info. I used to select a track to record to via the input matrix and had no problems. Now as I record I can see the wave form of the previous few bars appear in the display but it disappears as it scrolls. The end result is a blank track. I’m on an iPad Pro. I’ve been doing this mostly as a safety to save what I recorded before I mess with effects and bounce the finished track in place. I could just copy and paste but I also want to be able to save a mix of multiple tracks layers.

playinmyblues

Post by playinmyblues » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:14 pm

Hi. I am a new Auria Pro user. I am using a regular 6th generation iPad.

I have been learning how to use Auria Pro through the LinkedIn Learning course promoted in the PDF user manual (used to be Lynda.com).

While trying to bounce tracks according to the course, I have found that the results provide a blank track recording.

Another problem was that when the iPad is using the screen record function, I cannot get Auria Pro to go past the Record Arm stage. You can see in the video I had to take with my phone camera that the record button flashes but when I press Play nothing else happens.

The audio tracks are showing up as providing audio to the bounce track when the track is armed but when it is actually supposed to be bouncing the tracks to the new track, that track has not audio.

Here is the link to the video:
https://youtu.be/JmYbcJqso7g

Rodolfo
Expert

Post by Rodolfo » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:40 pm

Hi @playinmyblues
Well, you’re not actually “bouncing” a track but trying to record the masterbus. It should normally work, but there’s a nasty bug in version 2.25 which is preventing this to work properly.

This bug is described in this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=16340

We are all waiting for the dev to release a new version with a fix.

In the meantime, this is a workaround using a regular bus instead of the Master bus:
- Set the output of all of your source tracks to Bus 1
- Set the input of the destination track to the same Bus 1
- Arm the destination track and tap on the input box and select “Input Bus”
- Record as usual

Now you should have your mix recorded

Rodolfo

playinmyblues

Post by playinmyblues » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:04 pm

Thanks @ Rodolfo

Thanks for the reply. I will give this a try.

While I currently have no need to bounce tracks, but I am going through the tutorial as stated above. It is good to know the capabilities of what you are using.

Is there any word on Auria Pro not recording when the iPad is using Screen Record? TIA.

Rodolfo
Expert

Post by Rodolfo » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:04 pm

@playinmyblues
Screen recording is working fine with Auria Pro, audio and video.

Rodolfo

Alamano

Post by Alamano » Sun May 10, 2020 9:41 am

I’ve been having the same problem since the last update and posted about it here on the forum about a month ago. When I try to convert a MIDI track to WAV, the WAV track shows as recorded..., then vanishes into a straight (nothing’s recorded) line, and basically got jive in response to my post. I see the same responses to the newer postings about this issue.’It must be the user’, ‘prove it’, etc. Exquisite customer service!

So now I’m happily using Cubasis.

Maybe someday someone will do another update to Auria and actually fix this, and I can try using it again.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun May 10, 2020 7:51 pm

Believe it or not this bug has been in existence since before bounce track in place was added as a bouncing feature. It used to do the straight line thing back when I used Mixdown and import as new track. I reported it then but I could not get this to do it every time. So it is a hard bug to track down. So ye you guys are correct and not dreaming this is a real problem but to report it as a direct bug is even harder as its not easily repeated but when it persists then repeating the bug is no problem. I now use the busses to record the tracks down but this really should be fixed as well as a ton of other stuff. I've always said to the people who keep asking for more features in Auria that it would be better to just have the already existing features to actually work. Cheers and I hope Cubasis works for you because it definitely is not an app that is useable for me as I rely on too many of Aurias routing and mixer control as well as all the pro plugins that I own in Auria.

tensixtysix
Expert

Post by tensixtysix » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:57 am

I'm also getting a silent track when I try to bounce from other tracks.
I know that it was working in January 2020 because I've just checked the dates on the bounced audio files that I created then.
(I'm running version 2.250 on an iPad 3)

HP972

Post by HP972 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:11 pm

I am so disgusted. I just finished a big project of 38 tracks on AURIA PRO. Impossible to do a bouncing track because it gives silent tracks and the mixdown only works for certain instruments. my biggest regret is not having visited the forum before to see that this bug has never been fixed. I just lost a day of work. I think AURIA is abandonware. For all the money I put into this DAW, I'm really angry.