Midi In Port Routing Not Working

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Angelitochavez

Re: Midi In Port Routing Not Working

Post by Angelitochavez » Sat May 04, 2019 12:20 pm

Thanks a lot!
Sorry but im far from being an expert working with Auria.
So: lets suppose i create a project with 10 midi tracks. If i want to controll the midi instrument from track one, i have to set to off the midi input channel by channel in each of the other 9 tracks? Is this correct or is there any other way to preset them all to off?

Thanks for your support!

Rodolfo
Expert

Post by Rodolfo » Sat May 04, 2019 1:35 pm

Angelitochavez wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 12:20 pm
Thanks a lot!
Sorry but im far from being an expert working with Auria.
So: lets suppose i create a project with 10 midi tracks. If i want to controll the midi instrument from track one, i have to set to off the midi input channel by channel in each of the other 9 tracks? Is this correct or is there any other way to preset them all to off?

Thanks for your support!
In Settings -> MIDI you’ll find the option “Auto load instrument when adding MIDI tracks”. If you set it to “NO” when you add 10 MIDI tracks to your project the instrument will be set to OFF, so they won’t be triggered by the screen keyboard (even if MIDI port is assigned to ALL by default).
At the moment you assign an instrument to each track you can decide the appropriate MIDI port for that particular case.

Angelitochavez

Post by Angelitochavez » Sat May 04, 2019 2:21 pm

Thanks a lot Rodolfo! I could get that. But once i assign a midi instrument to track one, and then and a second midi track and choto se a different midi instrument, the midi instrument from track one is still being triggered, unless i go to track 1 midi input and set it off.
I mean, once i have the 10 midi tracks and want to choose to hear just one , i still have to go channel by channel setting off the input and leaving it on only on the midi track i want to hear.
I am probably doing something wrong

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Sat May 04, 2019 7:03 pm

Angelitochavez wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 2:21 pm
Thanks a lot Rodolfo! I could get that. But once i assign a midi instrument to track one, and then and a second midi track and choto se a different midi instrument, the midi instrument from track one is still being triggered, unless i go to track 1 midi input and set it off.
I mean, once i have the 10 midi tracks and want to choose to hear just one , i still have to go channel by channel setting off the input and leaving it on only on the midi track i want to hear.
I am probably doing something wrong
After you are done recording MIDI to a track, open its channel strip and set input to OFF.

RIM: it would probably be good to have a way of turning MIDI input off for a channel from the main u.i. now that MIDI monitoring is no long tied to record-enablement.

Weston underwood

Post by Weston underwood » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:56 pm

I’m really sorry but this is so long winded and a total buzz kill. Having to manually go back in, switch off midi, then into the track you want to edit, turn it on, realise you’d like to go back again, do it all over again. Crikey that is not good. I can see why the ability to do that is good but not as the default behaviour!

Can we have the option to work like every other daw I’ve used please?

Cheers!