Bug on IOS 11.2 won’t play

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

tracygrammer

Bug on IOS 11.2 won’t play

Post by tracygrammer » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:47 pm

Opened some emails during a session and now Auria will not play.
It will rewind to zero.

Closed everything, restarted, upon reopen Auria message says there were errors and they have been fixed. But it still won’t play. Some oddball behavior when I arm to record. Drag the locator bar and the track turns red underneath it. Some ghost waves appeared then disappeared.

Help.

Thank you.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Bug on IOS 11.2 won’t play

Post by Rim » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:58 pm

It sounds like your project got corrupted. You can try to load a previous snapshot. Auria automatically creates snapshots of your project every 10 minutes, so there's a good chance there's a snapshot in there from before the project got corrupted.

Rim

tracygrammer

Post by tracygrammer » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:06 pm

Thank you, that's really good to know. I've never had to use a snapshot before...

... and I didn't this time either. I did a couple things. I unplugged it from the Quartet, powered down, re-started it. Noticed I had it set to 64 to avoid latency while recording vocals, so I bumped up to 256 and that worked fine. Has worked flawlessly since.

I appreciate the prompt response. Thank you ~ tg

stevencirile

Post by stevencirile » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:58 am

Hello all, this isn’t a bug report and I apologize for wrong section of forum posting , but I read some people knocking down the latency to be able to record say vocals and I’m assuming this is so you can track them without the noticeable delay. I do not work for Steinberg to be clear here but any Steinberg interface will not have that issue with even the highest latency settings, they invented and own and do not license to others the technologies that allow high buffer settings with still zero latency in headphone mix monitor mix and playback of previously recorded tracks. It’s a hardware thing built into there equipment. Just an FYI for anyone seeking to eliminate that issue. Other companies claim zero or near zero latency it’s simply not true.
I know I bought and tried about everything before I came to that conclusion.

tracygrammer

Post by tracygrammer » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:05 am

Rim and others,

An update on my problem.

I started having trouble after I updated my iPad to iOS 11. The problems were inconsistent enough that I believed it was the way my Quartet and iPad were talking to one another, or something funky with my USB cable... I'd jiggle it and restart and get a better result ... till I didni't.

As it turns out, iOS 11 is not compatible with an iPad 4. Why I was allowed to update at all, I'll never understand. But there it is. Wiping my gadget and restoring factory defaults. I guess a little spring cleaning never hurt anyone.

Happy recording, y'all.