Auria pro update problems

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Hopefiend2000

Auria pro update problems

Post by Hopefiend2000 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:43 am

Hi Everyone
My Auria Pro seems to have changed back to regular Auria on my IPad IOS 10.3.2 ( which I updated about a week ago ) , so when I open it I can't access any music because it says I need to upgrade to Auria Pro to play the sessions as they were recorded in Auria Pro . But then it wants to charge me again to upgrade , when originally I,ve already paid for my upgrade a while ago ....so I can't do anything and obviously I don't want to pay twice . So if Rim could send me a solution I would be most grateful

Thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria pro update problems

Post by Rim » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:22 am

There's a button at the top of the Auria Store page that says "Restore Purchases". If you push that, it should restore your in-app purchases, including any upgrades you purchased. If that doesn't work, you can always re-purchase the upgrade. Apple will not charge you for anything you already bought. In that case, you'll get a message that says "you've already purchased this item and it will be downloaded free of charge" after you try to go ahead with the purchase.

Rim

Hopefiend2000

Post by Hopefiend2000 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:55 am

Thanks for your reply Rim ,
I tried both things but I keep getting an error message that it can't connect to the iTunes Store . However when I,m not in Auria I can connect to the iTunes Store easily .

Hopefiend2000

Post by Hopefiend2000 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:44 pm

Ok Rim here,s an update . Somehow the apple iOS update had put "Restrictions " on my iPad which disallowed inter app purchases . So because I never had a code for this and never entered a code for this , it means I have to delete everything off the Ipad and start again .
But as my Auria is not recognising any projects because it is in Auria Pro , I,ve had to download a completely new Auria Pro so I can transfer all my projects over before I back up my IPad and delete everything to start again . So I have a few questions :
1 . How do I transfer one project and all its files from regular Auria to this new Auria Pro ?

2. Then how do I back up all my projects in one go onto my computer ?

3. Will I be able to reinstall these apps again without repurchasing them ?

4. Finally as I have just paid £49 to get Auria Pro when I already own it , is there any way I can get some kind of refund or credit on my Auria account ?

I really don't want to lose my music projects ...help !

Thanks for your help

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:39 am

1. I'm not sure I understand completely. Do you have two Auria apps on your iPad currently? The only way you can have scenario is if one is Auria and the other is Auria Pro. Is that what you have now?

2. I recommend using a program called iFunBox for the Mac or PC.

3. Apple never charges you twice for something you already purchased (as long as its the same iTunes account). In terms of in-app purchases, Apple also won't charge you twice if you've already bought the item. However, this only applies to the same app. Since Auria and Auria Pro are different apps, buying an in-app purchase in one app doesn't mean the same in-app purchase is free in the other app (even though both apps are made by the same developer). What makes things a bit confusing is that you can buy Auria, then "turn it into" Auria Pro with an upgrade in-app purchase. But in Apple's view, you still own the Auria app, not the Auria Pro app. It just happens to have all the same features as Auria Pro now because you upgraded it, but as far as Apple is concerned it's still Auria. So when you need to re-download it from the app store, always make sure to re-download what you bought originally (Auria, not Auria Pro), or else Apple will charge you for it (remember, as far as Apple is concerned, you only own Auria, not Auria Pro).

4. All refunds are handled by Apple directly.

Hope this helps!
Rim

Stackfam

Post by Stackfam » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:06 am

PS - I just tried re-purchasing Fabfilter Pro-L through the App Store, and seems to have charged me again.
Stan

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:19 am

This usually happens if you have the wrong version of Auria installed. If you own Auria that's been upgraded to Auria Pro, you need to be careful if you ever need to reinstall. Even though you technically own Auria Pro, Apple still considers you an Auria owner, not Auria Pro. So if you accidentally re-download Auria Pro from the app store, Apple will charge you for that, and Apple will also not know about any of the plugins you may have bought in Auria, so they'll charge you for anything you try to buy. That's why it's important to always reinstall Auria.

Rim

Cawstoma

Post by Cawstoma » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:07 pm

How is it that when I tried to upgrade from auria to pro it would not let the upgrade to take place and I could not pay. But when I down loaded auria pro from the App Store everything went through ok. Seams to me they put a bug in the system so you pay twice, what a scam. Totally not impressed auria! Tempted to just deleat it and leave very bad feedback. Sort it auria because I will not buy anything else from you. :(

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:01 am

There is no upgrade bug and we are not scamming anyone into paying full price for Auria Pro if you are already an Auria user.

Start by contacting iTunes Customer Support to request a refund for accidentally purchasing the full version when you had a discounted upgrade available.

Then, go attempt your upgrade purchase in the Auria Store again and contact us back through this forum or direct email to support@drumagog.com if you continue to have issues. People are upgrading without any issue. Everything is working just fine on our end and with the Apple servers where our software is hosted.