Problems with automations and the write mode

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Cyril777
Expert

Problems with automations and the write mode

Post by Cyril777 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:34 am

Hi,
I can't write automations from the IU, and when I first try and have a look at the plugin automations menu, it's a total mess !
For example, on the PRO-Q2, after I switched to the write mode, I touched only one frequency point, moved it and then get out of the write mode. When I played back that part, not only the change I made while in Write mode wasn't here, but automations were created on 3 other frequencies bands, and in a very weird way.
After that, I tried to write the most simple automation with the Filter knob (no IU possible issue) of the ClassicVerb plugin. It wasn't written and you probably have the crash report which happened when I pressed play right after I get out of the Write mode.
I made a video of the weird PRO-Q2 behavior if you need it. And what's strange too but I already knew this issue is after I deleted all the automations recorded in the plugin menu, these automations still exist, even if they don't appear on the IU and on the menu...
Do you have some informations on that matter ?
Thank you for your help

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Problems with automations and the write mode

Post by Rim » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:26 pm

As mentioned in other threads, automation for plugins and the channel strip is broken in 2.06. I've already fixed this in 2.07, which should go to Apple sometime this week.

Rim

Cyril777
Expert

Post by Cyril777 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:45 pm

Rim wrote:As mentioned in other threads
Rim
thank you for your answer and sorry for being a little bit lazy for not searching further in the forum posts but I always get lost when I do this, certainly because I don't know how to search, and I have the impression to loose some precious time reading tons of posts which don't concern me (sometimes you may learn a lot too...).
So I'm glad it's just not me. If I may, about the freezing issue I had, I reinstalled Auria entirely and it seems to work better now. I still can't understand why it takes so long on tracks with no plugins and with a very small number of short clips, but as long as Auria do the job and doesn't crash, it's ok... With the reinstallation I thought I would get rid of this small graphic bug I mentioned on previous posts (these thin clipping white lines which looks like "phantom" automation lines), but, if they are less obvious and recurrent, they still appear. Is this still a listed issue which will be correct in a futur update ?
Thank you for you support,
Cyril

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:26 pm

That graphics issue is still on the list along with a ton of other minor issues. I'll eventually get down that far ;)

Freezing works within seconds for me here with a simple audio track. Maybe start with some simple projects and time the freezing to see when it starts to slow down as you add effects, etc.

As a general rule:

If your CPU is at 50%, freezing will take half as long as your song to complete. So if your song is 5 minutes, freezing will take 2.5 minutes.

If your CPU is closer to 100%, freezing will take the same amount as your song length (a 5 minutes song will take 5 minutes to freeze).

Rim