No audio out after crash

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

sodium
Expert

No audio out after crash

Post by sodium » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:06 pm

Hi, I was just working at the track which had one track of Drum Loops, one elec gtr guitar track using Bias and one track of iFretless Bass on. Auria went into crash mode( buffer overrun, reduce plug ins etc error message). Okay no problem so I reboot, reload the project and the faders and LED seen to be showing that audio is being generated but I can't seem to get any sound to come out via headphone or internal speaker. This is the second instance of this happening and I couldn't get the older track up no matter what I tried so I started rerecording it.

I have done all the normal troubleshooting e.g. rebooting the actual iPad making sure no other apps are running and hogging the audio etc etc

I am running on a brand-new 128'Air and all the apps are up to date. Very strange... :shock:
"get down off that cross we could use the wood..."

Rim
Site Admin

Re: No audio out after crash

Post by Rim » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:31 am

I think you're not talking about a crash, but a CPU or Disk warning message, right? Do you remember which one it was? If it's a disk warning, then I recommend setting the disk buffer to a high in Auria's settings.

Are you using any IAAs in that project. We've seen certain IAAs cause the audio to disappear.

Rim

sodium
Expert

Re: No audio out after crash

Post by sodium » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:12 pm

Thanks you for your prompt reply, Rim. You must be like an octopus, with lots of arms everywhere doing so many tasks :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes it was a CPU/Disk warning. Unfortunately I don't remember but if it happens again I will make a note of it.

I was using :

Trk 1: Drumloops HD

Trk 2: Guitar via Bias/JamupPro as an IAA

Trk 3: Bass using iFretless Bass as an IAA.

I will try again a little later today and report back if I can get the project back making some sound.

Thanks again.
"get down off that cross we could use the wood..."