iOS 7.0.4 bug

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

TheKidEntertainment

iOS 7.0.4 bug

Post by TheKidEntertainment » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:11 am

I was sitting in my car listening to some created projects after work and right after I updated to iOS 7.0.4 when I noticed a severe drop off in audio quality. Everything sounds drained and muddy. I decided to check other apps and see if this was happening elsewhere and indeed it is with other apps like Audio Mastering and GarageBand. There are no pops or silly sounds, just a drop in quality that's very irritating. So, with that said if you are working with an iPad 3 and haven't updated yet, beware of the boogie man! :?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: iOS 7.0.4 bug

Post by Rim » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:15 am

We haven't found any change in quality going to 7.0.4. Were you using a USB audio interface, or headphones plugged into the iPad?

Rim

TheKidEntertainment

Post by TheKidEntertainment » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:47 pm

Rim

Sorry for such a late reply. What I noticed happened was a lot of the tracks that I was panning left and right suddenly became the volume button (not sure how that happened), which caused a lot of distortion in sound. I ended up having to delete the entire project, because I couldn't get it corrected. I wonder if when I did the update this happened because it was the last project I had opened (?). Either way, everything is fine now.

And to answer your question, I use the Alesis io dock.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:46 am

If using the pan knobs causes the volume to go up and down, you might have had the MONO button turned on in the masterstrip. This would cause the output to become mono.

Rim