Auria + audiobus + addictive synth

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mtingle
Expert

Auria + audiobus + addictive synth

Post by mtingle » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:52 am

As of 1.08 addictive synth and orphion no longer work with Auria. Once loaded as per norm the play button refuses to work and requires that all apps be closed before Auria will work again.

Using latest iOS, audiobus, iPad 4, clean project, default settings.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria + audiobus + addictive synth

Post by Rim » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:04 am

We've noticed this as well, and it started with iOS 6.13 as far as we can tell (we noticed the same thing in Auria 1.07). So far it looks like Addictive Synth, Orphion and Grain Science are all affected. We've contacted the Audiobus team to see what might be happening.

Rim

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:07 am

Addictive synth and Auria works here inside the Audiobus environment (Auria creates the addictive synth track and records as it should). Not Orphion tho, they kick eachother out. iPad 2 latest iOS

Edit: Another thing, when adding a new input in Audiobus, Auria doesn't disarm the record on the earlier recorded tracks so it records the input from the iPad mic on those tracks. Might just be me missing something tho.
Edit2: Might just be me missing something tho....Like disarming the tracks myself! Sorry, not going to derail the topic any more lol

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:14 am

ChrisG wrote:Addictive synth and Auria works here inside the Audiobus environment (Auria creates the addictive synth track and records as it should).
I assume you on 1.08. This is very interesting, can't get it to work and the only difference that I can see is I have an iPad 2 which shouldn't make a difference.

I'll try a few different ways to load them.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:34 am

Ok, one thing we've discovered that helps is the order in which you insert apps and audiobus. This usually works well:

1. Close all apps including Auria and audiobus
2. Launch Audiobus
3. Insert audio app into input slot
4. Insert Auria into output slot
5. Launch input app by pressing the input icon
6. Launch Auria by pressing the output icon

Rim

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:51 am

Rim wrote:Ok, one thing we've discovered that helps is the order in which you insert apps and audiobus. This usually works well:

1. Close all apps including Auria and audiobus
2. Launch Audiobus
3. Insert audio app into input slot
4. Insert Auria into output slot
5. Launch input app by pressing the input icon
6. Launch Auria by pressing the output icon

Rim
Yeah this works with Addictive here. And I'm on 0.8. I know in the PPG synths you need to enable "audio mix" in their settings to get them to play nice with Auria in Audiobus. But I couldn't find any setting that would change anything in Addictive, so dunno what might differ (I'm also starting a new project with default settings in Auria, force close it then do what Rim said above).

Sinapsya
Expert

Post by Sinapsya » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 pm

Ok, in this mode work and it's cool.....but it's stupid because when I play I have Auria always open in output slot and change any time only the synths I want play in the input....
so I need to open the synths after.....it's stupid to close Auria everythime I need to record a new synth!

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:48 pm

Sinapsya wrote:Ok, in this mode work and it's cool.....but it's stupid because when I play I have Auria always open in output slot and change any time only the synths I want play in the input....
so I need to open the synths after.....it's stupid to close Auria everythime I need to record a new synth!
Doing it in the order above is a solution for synths that gives you trouble. You do not need to restart Auria if you add other synths in Audiobus, it works just as any other iOS DAW basically..

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:47 am

Addictive Synth Working fine here in Audiobus.
Cheers :D

iPad 4/32 Auria ver.1.08

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:42 am

Great. Got it working by using the new order.

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:51 am

It also happens with iMini :roll:

But works Great with the input first method 8)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:43 am

I'm looking into this. I should have a fix for this input order issue in 1.09.

Rim

psysword
Expert

Post by psysword » Fri May 02, 2014 7:20 pm

Had a question this time not with addic synth, but with zt3a...if I have previously recorded some tracks with a Zt3a and I wish to use the z3ta again the. Auria doesn't give me a seperate input for me to record but the same z3ta to almost overwrite..I was wondering how to add another z3ta input to the Auria recording.....thanks alot

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri May 02, 2014 10:25 pm

You just need to open the input matrix and assign the audiobus input to the track you want to record.

Rim