Audiobus

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Ged2323

Audiobus

Post by Ged2323 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:08 pm

Hi I am trying to configure Jamup to record into Auria with Audiobus.

I have made Jamup the input and Auria the output in Audiobus.

Then in Auria I configured the Input to be set to audiobus and highlighted the 1st and 2nd channel though I have a drum track in another track and for some reason it is bleeeding into the other guitar track I'm trying to record Jamup.

Can you please help me set up a good configuration that will prevent the bleed.

Yours Sincerely,
Gerard

I've included the setup up in my system though getting the bleed into the other track.
Attachments
IMG_1895.PNG
audiobus setup
(439.71 KiB) Downloaded 909 times
IMG_1895.PNG
Input setup
(439.71 KiB) Downloaded 909 times
IMG_1896.PNG
Output setup
(482.09 KiB) Downloaded 909 times
IMG_1894.PNG
Getting signal from the drum track into track 2. I'm not even playing the guitar.
(299.68 KiB) Downloaded 909 times

Jus
Expert

Re: Audiobus

Post by Jus » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:25 am

Hi, What interface are you using to input the Guitar into the iPad

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:00 am

It's possible this is an issue when recording Audiobus into a mono track in Auria. We don't have a good way to do this yet, and I'll fix this in the next update. So I suggest creating a new stereo track, then try it again.

Rim

Dcramer
Expert

Post by Dcramer » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:20 am

I was having an issue recording onto a stereo track but only hearing mono.
It recorded and played back fine but up until the recording was finished Auria was monitoring the Audiobus apps in mono.
Maybe it's because I was fiddling with the Audiobus Mode button, but it doesn't seem to make a difference, what's it supposed to do?
On a good note it does actually works on my iPad 2 when following Rim's directions.

Ged2323

Post by Ged2323 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:06 pm

Jus wrote:Hi, What interface are you using to input the Guitar into the iPad

I'm using the irig

Ged2323

Post by Ged2323 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:09 pm

Rim wrote:It's possible this is an issue when recording Audiobus into a mono track in Auria. We don't have a good way to do this yet, and I'll fix this in the next update. So I suggest creating a new stereo track, then try it again.

Rim

Sorry do you mean record into a different track? I don't understand what you mean by make a new sterio track?

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:17 pm

Ged2323 wrote:
Jus wrote:Hi, What interface are you using to input the Guitar into the iPad

I'm using the irig
It could be that GED I have one that's why I asked , they are terrible for crosstalk :|

Ged2323

Post by Ged2323 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:21 pm

I have no trouble if I'm using it and running my iPhone jamup into it to record though. What is a good device for ipad that doesn't have the crosstalk.

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:31 pm

Apogee Jam are Great for a one input , I switched to one from an irig
8)
Irig have just brought a rival called Irig HD. Out as well

If I get time tomorrow I will try my irig to see if I get crosstalk as well 8)

I did try the irig with the overloud plug-in in Auria and it were terrible feedback n stuff

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:05 am

What I mean is to use the Add Tracks feature in Auria, and select stereo instead of mono before you press OK.

Rim

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:09 am

Edit: Sorry Rim didn't see you replied , I was just replying to an earlier bit of the thread

Hi, GED

Yep, it's definitely the Irig mate just put a drum loop into into Auria put my guitar into irig through overloud.
Pressed play. The drums are bleeding into the Guitar track ,I wasn't even playing :shock:
8) 8) 8)

It sounds really bad just playing the Guitar as well , you wouldn't believe the difference if you get an Apogee :D
Cheers

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:15 am

quite hip to talk about audiobus now and i make no exception :)

I would like to route a track from Auria through an effect in the Audiobus effect slot and record back into Auria.
i read the manual and all threads carefully but i can't get it to work.i can use auria only in the Input slot OR the output
slot but not both together.When i open the second slot (after i put auria in one other slot before)the symbol had a kind of grey overlay (sorry don't know to describe it better in english)and i can't select it.

I routed the desired track to SUB 1 and activate SUB 1 in the output matrix.i'm able to select SUB 1 in audiobus (via blue arrow)when i put auria into the input slot first and i'm able to route the input to a desired track when i put auria first into the Output slot.But not both together.

Recording from another app works without any problems.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:28 pm

CEIsar

Only way (i think) you can have Auria both in the input & output is to select Auria in the output but don't open it
Then you can select Auria in the input then. But everything must be shut down first (double click home button) before you open Audiobus for it to work ....

You don't have to do the blue arrow thing every time (well I don't have to)

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:08 pm

Jus wrote:CEIsar

Only way (i think) you can have Auria both in the input & output is to select Auria in the output but don't open it
Then you can select Auria in the input then. But everything must be shut down first (double click home button) before you open Audiobus for it to work ....

yes,i did it this way.Starting audiobus,then Auria in both slots.It's possible to put in both slots while the app still"slleeps".But in this case i can record only the sum of auria and i have to mute the rest,And i can't use the effect (LiveFX in this case)as a true insert.I always hear the original signal.Yes,i record only the effect then but it's definitely not the same,especially with LiveFX it's important (for me)to hear only the signal processed by the effect.

Last but not least,imagine:with the other variation you have a true (audiobus)insert only on the track you want while everything elese is playing normal.It's a Killerfeature and it's already there.Maybe i'm just to dumb to activate it or it's a bug.

thanks for the tip anyway!
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:25 pm

CEIsar wrote:
Jus wrote:CEIsar

yes,i did it this way.Starting audiobus,then Auria in both slots.It's possible to put in both slots while the app still"slleeps".But in this case i can record only the sum of auria and i have to mute the rest,And i can't use the effect (LiveFX in this case)as a true insert.I always hear the original signal.Yes,i record only the effect then but it's definitely not the same,especially with LiveFX it's important (for me)to hear only the signal processed by the effect.

Last but not least,imagine:with the other variation you have a true (audiobus)insert only on the track you want while everything elese is playing normal.It's a Killerfeature and it's already there.Maybe i'm just to dumb to activate it or it's a bug.

thanks for the tip anyway!
Bottom bit sounds like a good idea 8)