Auria Pro unusable on iPad Pro

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Ralf
Expert

Auria Pro unusable on iPad Pro

Post by Ralf » Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:48 pm

Auria Pro 2.33
iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) MTFR2FD/A
iPadOS 15.5

Even after an Auria Pro project was closed without crashing, opening it again most of the times results in crashes. If it opens successfully, it most of the times does crash when trying to load a snapshot or a backup/copy made by the Auria option. If I reach a point where most of the project is restored, it gains absolutely nothing. MIDI export does export another state of the project, so I even can’t migrate the project to another DAW. After closing Auria Pro and opening it again, even if it should not crash, it might open another backup or another snapshot. IOW if it doesn’t crash, then it randomly opens the project or a backup of the project at a random snapshot state. However, most of the times already launching Auria fails. It doesn’t fail for a while after starting a new project, but very soon this issue does happen again. Happening with small projects that don’t use any unique Auria features. The same kinds of projects don’t cause any issues when using Cubasis 3. It’s seemingly not an issue related to resources. FWIW all happens with 48 KHz projects using the internal audio device. If I connect a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 2nd Gen. by an Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter the issue continues.

Ralf
Expert

Re: Auria Pro unusable on iPad Pro

Post by Ralf » Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:19 am

Other DAWs don't behave that wired as Auria Pro does, but they suffer from an AUv3 issue, that might have impact on the issues I experience with Auria Pro, too. See https://forums.steinberg.net/t/auv3-plu ... put/796093 .