AudioCopy question

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Navpack
Expert

AudioCopy question

Post by Navpack » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:24 pm

Does each app that individually supports AudioCopy also have to have a hook with each other? Been working with AudioShare, which allows an AudioCopy from Dropbox to several other apps via AudioPaste, but not Auria. Also wonder if I am just missing some step...

Regards,
Phil

Rim
Site Admin

Re: AudioCopy question

Post by Rim » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:46 pm

Phil,

I haven't used AudioShare, but Audio Copy/Paste simply uses the iPad's built-in pasteboard to copy audio into. Then, any app which supports it can use AudioPaste to access that audio. For example,

1. AudioCopy your audio using your AudioShare App
2. Lauch Auria, go to the editor, and select AudioPaste from the Edit menu.

Rim

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:10 pm

Thanks Rim. Tried that process again with no success. I have an email dialog going with the developer so perhaps that will shed some light on this. When I look at the AudioPaste clipboard I see only a General Clipboard file.

Regards,
Phil

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:22 pm

I also don't see AudioShare on the list of compatible apps shown in the AudioCopy info dialog of Auria if that makes any difference.

Phil

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:14 pm

Got my answer; AudioShare uses the general clipboard and currently works with PCM files. Author says next version will include a conversion mode for handling non-PCM files.

Regards,
Phil

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:30 pm

OK, makes sense. Thanks for letting me know.

Rim

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:03 pm

Is it possible for AudioPaste to conform sample rate to the session? Bringing in clips to a 48k projects, sample rate stays the same.

Thanks

Phil

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:08 am

Yes, this is something we'll do for the next update.

Thanks,
Rim

vezinho
Expert

Post by vezinho » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:38 am

Hello,

First of all, thanks for this marvelous piece of software, it's fantastic and it has to be said !!

I write here cause i saw the subject even if it's a little bit different:
it seems that copying audio in the pasteboard from other app and pasting in auria, sometimes results on an empty audio region....
I tried with two apps: DrumStudio and multitrack DAW. I checked that drumstudio isn't compatible with audiocopy audiopaste, but multitrack DAW is.

The wierd thing is that i managed to copy paste from multitrack DAW several times, but now it allways results in this bug.
IS there anything i am doing wrong ? It would be fantastic if you could find a solution for me...

I have an Ipad3 with the lastest update of Auria.

Thanks again.
KInd Regards (excuse my approximate english)

Hervé

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:20 am

Are you using the latest Auria version (did you do the update?). You can check your Auria version by going to the settings page. It's listed at the bottom right. The latest version is 1.02. There were some issues fixed that caused this to happen.

I just tried copy/pasting from Multitrack DAW and it worked fine here.

Rim

vezinho
Expert

Post by vezinho » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:18 am

Thanks for your answer Rim,

I updated to the latest version 1.02
I tried again, creating a new project and managed to paste the audio from multitrack DAW.
But in the project I wanted to paste the same audio, I couldn't... Very strange...
What could cause this ? I bought fabfilter I am using in the second project, could it be because of it ?
On the first I am using overloud only.
If you could help me....

Thanks again
Hervé

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:38 am

When you say you can't paste into the same project, what do you mean exactly? There's no limit to the number of times you can paste using AudioPaste. Are you sure you're not using regular Paste by mistake?

Also, you should be setting the track number and number of times it should repeat inside the AudioPaste window. Perhaps you didn't specify the track number?

Thanks,
Rim

vezinho
Expert

Post by vezinho » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:04 pm

I have a project A, in which I wanted to paste the audio A, but failed ( blank audio with duration varying, or no paste at all)
On the project B, I paste the same audio A and it works...
So I don't know if a problem could come from the project A ( plugin used, setting different ?)
I selected everything right in the dialog window of audiopaste, and from multitrack DAW the option to select is general paste right?

Maybe I could send to you my project? Don't know if it's possible

Thanks again Rim

Sorry about my English it's not easy...

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:29 pm

OK, it sounds like you're doing it right. Are your two projects the same sample rate?

Also, how about mono vs. stereo? Are you pasting a stereo track into a mono track, etc?

Rim

distraub
Expert

Post by distraub » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:40 pm

Try audio copying something in Auria first... then go to Multitrack DAW and audiocopy what you want to bring in, then in Auria audio paste it, and select General Pasteboard because Multitrack DAW only supports General Pasteboard and not Sonoma.

-distraub