Video playback issue

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

andrethitcho

Video playback issue

Post by andrethitcho » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:04 am

Hi,
I've been toying around with Auria in order to find out if i can use it for my next sound design and soundtrack production work.
(even though it crashes a lot here)
It's great that the update allows us to record while watching the video. But i didn't succeed in looping the video. The audio is looped all right but the video preview just goes on and on.
Is there something to be done that i didn' t find out or is it a bug?
Thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Video playback issue

Post by Rim » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:09 am

I believe this is a bug, which I'll add to the next update. Thanks for finding this.

By the way, what kind of crashing are you getting? There shouldn't be any crashing. Are you running out of memory? Make sure you close all your background apps before using Auria.

Thanks,
Rim

andrethitcho

Post by andrethitcho » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:49 am

Hi Rim,
So it' s a bug. Ok then. I guess I'll have to wait a little bit more before I start a serious project with Auria.
But i' ve been investing some time and money (add-ons, hardware...) to learn it and use it and hope that soon it'll become my go to DAW.
About the crashes: I always use Auria with everything else (really!) closed.
I'm on the Ipad 2. Yesterday i was openning Auria in order to see if the convolution reverb bugs were fixed just to find out that
for any reason all my standard convolution presets disappeared. It wasn' t a big deal as i was planning on buying the MSP pack.
So i did it and then after finding some good ones (I'd love to have then more clearly laid out and explained as there ares hundreds of exquisite names there!) as i was trying them with the low cpu mode button on/off it crashed all the time (the playback was on. As of the convolution reverb, what is really the offset knob? Is it like a dump parameter?
Another thing that i've noticed is that if the ipad goes asleep Auria crashes when i come back to it.
But you're right. I'm always with an eye on the cpu consumption monitor but not the memory usage field.
Thanks a lot for the fast reply.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:05 am

Does the crashing happen every time with the convolution reverb? If it does, can you please tell me exactly how to make it crash (step by step)? As soon as I can get it to crash here, I can fix it quickly.

The offset knob adjusts where inside the IR file it should start to use the reverb. It's useful for certain types of IRs. For example, sometimes you want only the tail of the reverb to sound, not the attack.

Thanks,
Rim

andrethitcho

Post by andrethitcho » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:28 am

I' ve tried to replicate that issue with the convolution reverb. This time it was fine. No issues.
I guess you' re right about it beeing a Ram thing.
One thing that I' ve noticed is that when pushed, the low cpu mode raises the Ram usage. When off it raises the cpu tax by 3%.
As with all things computer, there's always a trade.
I still don' t use Auria pretty much, but i'll try to send you more idetailed information about the crashes as i go along with it.
Again, thanks a lot for your time. I appreciate that.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:02 am

Great, thanks. I appreciate it.

Rim