The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

larshove

My eyes!

Post by larshove » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:19 am

Running Auria on the new iPad is quite pixelated and honestly looks a bit outdated.
When are you adding support for Retina display?

bortraws

File management features request and some AAF questions ...

Post by bortraws » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:32 am

What?!! A feature request already? :shock: Yep! :D

1) I would like to be able to address Mac's or PC's hard drives directly (e.g. via AFP) for file exchange. It is possible as many apps have this function these days (like Files Connect and Files Browser). An alternative way would be to access Auria's 'Disk' via a browser with a password. But I prefer direct access to my Mac's drive via AFP. It would make file exchange a lot faster, easier and better. I wouldn't need iTunes all the time which is a pain anyway. Especially if i visit another studio and want to hand over Wave files or an AAF file. I don't want my iPad to be opened in someones else's iTunes. iTunes is very strict already and If someone accidentally clicks on sync or does something else stupid they could damage the data on my iPad.

2) Gobbler support would be great to backup Auria sessions.

3) Auria doesn't support Embedded AAF files (where all the wave files are embedded inside the AAF file). This makes file management a lot easier. I can't import an embedded AAF file into Auria either. Should this work? And does Auria name the tracks when exporting an AAF file? Because the clips get their proper names in Pro Tools but the tracks are just called Track 1, Track 2 et cetera.

Pro Tools 9 and higher supports multichannel AAF import. But it doesn't work with the AAF files from Auria. Is their something tricky going on because it definitely works when importing a multichannel AAF file from Media Composer. Pro Tools 10 also supports interleaved files. I could use split stereo of course but i prefer not to. So it would be great if could be supported in a future update.

Thanks for listening and for a fantastic app!
Last edited by bortraws on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: File management features request and some AAF questions

Post by Rim » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:32 am

1) I would like to be able to address Mac's or PC's hard drives directly (e.g. via AFP) for file exchange. It is possible as many apps have this function these days (like Files Connect and Files Browser). An alternative way would be to access Auria's 'Disk' via a browser with a password. But I prefer direct access to my Mac's drive via AFP. It would make file exchange a lot faster, easier and better. I wouldn't need iTunes all the time which is a pain anyway. Especially if i visit another studio and want to hand over Wave files or an AAF file. I don't want my iPad to be opened in someones else's iTunes. iTunes is very strict already and If someone accidentally clicks on sync or does something else stupid they could damage my iPad.
Sounds like a great addition. Let me think about how we can do this. Thanks for the suggestion.

2) Gobbler support would be great to backup Auria sessions.
Gobbler would be interesting in Auria. We'll have to look at how this might be possible.
3) Auria doesn't support Embedded AAF files (where all the wave files are embedded inside the AAF file). This makes file management a lot easier. I can't import an embedded AAF file into Auria either. Should this work? And does Auria name the tracks when exporting an AAF file? Because the clips get their proper names in Pro Tools but the tracks are just called Track 1, Track 2 et cetera.
Auria doesn't support embedded AAF, but it's something we might add in the future.
Pro Tools 9 and higher supports multichannel AAF import. But it doesn't work with the AAF files from Auria. Is their something tricky going on because it definitely works when importing a multichannel AAF file from Media Composer. Pro Tools 10 also supports interleaved files. I could use split stereo of course but i prefer not to. So it would be great if could be supported in a future update.
There's a setting for this in Auria's settings page. If you enable it, Auria will generate stereo files in your aaf, instead of splitting them. But PT < 9.0 won't support that, so make sure you're using PT 9.0 or greater if you enable this.

Thanks for listening and for a fantastic app!

Rim
Site Admin

Re: My eyes!

Post by Rim » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:35 am

It's on our list already, but higher resolution waveforms in the editor will need to wait until a faster iPad comes out, since making these in retina would be much too slow with the current hardware.

Rim

instinctive
Expert

Post by instinctive » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:57 am

@Rim: Don't actually use a denser dataset for the waveforms on the iPad 3, just interpolate linearly between the points so there is no visible 'blockiness' and the Retina fetishists are happy ;) Shouldn't give a huge performance impact.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:02 am

Believe me, we've tried everything (spent months on optimizing the editor). It's simply not feasible yet.

Thanks,
Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Tempo synced delay

Post by Rim » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:05 am

The stereo delay and chorus plugins currently don't support tempo sync, but it's something on our list for a future update.

Thanks,
Rim

instinctive
Expert

Post by instinctive » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:29 am

No problem with me :)

Chris M
Expert

Re: Sidechain compression in Auria

Post by Chris M » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:59 am

Hello,

Side chain compression is something we certainly have in mind if we expand the routing within Auria. It will definitely be considered for a future update.

Thanks,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs

larshove

Post by larshove » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:17 pm

Sounds good. Looking forward to it :D

Br
The Retina fetishist

realeclipse

Mute region

Post by realeclipse » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:05 pm

Is it possible to mute regions..????
I didn'd find any command to do so....

theaudiomaster

Re: Mute region

Post by theaudiomaster » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:39 pm

No...

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Mute region

Post by Rim » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:22 pm

You can silence a region, but that's a destructive process item (in the process menu).

Rim

funkymonkey

multi output ?

Post by funkymonkey » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:49 am

Hi,

I'm very curious that from the interface page at auria.com (http://auriaapp.com/Support/auria-audio-interfaces)
you list the available inputs of each compatible usb interfaces, but no outputs.

does this means that in Auria there's only stereo out but no multi-outputs?

thanks

bortraws

Re: File management features request and some AAF questions

Post by bortraws » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:22 am

Wow thanks Rim,

Fast and to the point answers.
That's how support is supposed to be!