The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

knocksquared

Double Snap needed.

Post by knocksquared » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:23 pm

Hey... I love that Auria will snap to bars and beats also. I work 100 percent of the time in this method. I am wondering if you guys will consider having a double snap feature. One snap the way it is now for moving the whole loop/region along the timeline and another snap for length. Like say I want to have the current snap set at bar...but I want to shorten or lengthen the region at 1/16 or no snap at all. This would be great because although moving the region around and having it snap to a bar is great ..as soon as I start to adjust the length of the region it snaps to bar also..and this is a pain when I want to fine adjust the length. It make me have to go up to snap and turn it either off or to a faster snap setting. So you can imagine a person (like myself) who makes lots of moves along the timeline and also lots of region length adjustments will be kinda frustrated having to turn snap on and off and on and off..lol. Do you understand what I mean? Or maybe even something like tapping the edge of the region to adjust the length and by placing another finger on the region while adjusting..it automatically lets you adjust without snapping.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Any midi planned?

Post by Rim » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:25 pm

Yes, MIDI sync will be part of the MIDI update planned for a future version. You can expect a pretty extensive MIDI implementation in Auria when we're done.

Thanks,
Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Double Snap needed.

Post by Rim » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:28 pm

That's a good point, and I think a quick solution would be for us to add an option in the settings page for snapping to position only or position and length. WOuld that work for you?

Thanks,
RIm

Iammane

Post by Iammane » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:32 pm

This is great news and very exciting... What an awesome app you guys have done great work and it's just gonna get better :)

knocksquared

Re: SLow work flow??

Post by knocksquared » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:37 pm

Rim wrote:There's no direct way to enter the number of times you want to paste a region (that's a good feature suggestion though), but you can do a couple of things:

1. Select a region, copy it, then press Duplicate several times. It will place each new region immediately after the first.
2. Select a region, use AudioCopy, then use AudioPaste (all within Auria). The audioPaste dialog has an option in it for the number of times to loop the paste. If you put 20 in the box, it will paste it 20 times.

Rim
Ok ...The AudioCopy is a decent workaround . What would be great is if you put a "Dupe" icon directly on the screen so that a person does not have to go up into the edit menu and click duplicate each time. It wouldnt be so bad tapping duplicate from the edit menu except the menu closes after each time you tap duplicate...so there again...its a slow workflow. With the Dupe button somewhere on the main screen ... all one has to do is select the region and tap tap tap tap the dupe button and instantly get those copies.... and its fast

knocksquared

Re: Double Snap needed.

Post by knocksquared » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:41 pm

Rim wrote:That's a good point, and I think a quick solution would be for us to add an option in the settings page for snapping to position only or position and length. WOuld that work for you?

Thanks,
RIm
It would ABSOLUTELY work for me.

You my friend are on the ball. Thanks Rim

knocksquared

Count-In Recording?

Post by knocksquared » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:08 pm

I can't locate count-in before recording. Am I missing it or is it not a feature yet?

Thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:09 pm

Sounds good, but in a touchscreen based DAW, these things take a lot of room, and there is simply no room left for another dedicated button.

Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Count-In Recording?

Post by Rim » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:11 pm

There's no count-in yet, but it's a good idea for a feature.

Thanks,
Rim

knocksquared

Re: Count-In Recording?

Post by knocksquared » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:16 pm

Rim wrote:There's no count-in yet, but it's a good idea for a feature.

Thanks,
Rim

Ahhh...ok cool. I am very happy that You guys are accepting what we users ask for. Great App/Software

knocksquared

Post by knocksquared » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:22 pm

Rim wrote:Sounds good, but in a touchscreen based DAW, these things take a lot of room, and there is simply no room left for another dedicated button.

Rim
Yes..thats understandable. I know its easier said than done. And since I am not a programmer I am clueless as to what it would take to do it. But the more I mess with that Audiocopy method... the more it flows nicely. Thanks for that workaround.. it will do the trick.

GREAT WORK

instinctive
Expert

Post by instinctive » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:37 pm

The most obvious thing would be for Auria to simply loop-extend any region if you try to pull its end marker past the end of the sample (after a slight "Are-You-Sure"-Snap). Other DAWs do it like this, at least with regions that have a "loop" flag set or similar.

I.e. if you have a sample that is 1 second long, and stretch it to 3 seconds, it will repeat a total of 3 times.

Maybe an "extend mode" per region ("Nothing", "Loop", "Varispeed", "Timestretch") is needed...

distraub
Expert

Post by distraub » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:12 am

I am running into a similar issue, I have trimmed a region down and duplicated it a bunch of times, is there any way to combine regions so I can set a fade across several regions? It would be really handy to have handles to create a loop and drag those.

Tmidiman

Post by Tmidiman » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:13 am

Thanks for replying so quickly Rim. I'll look forward to the new features.

And thank everyone there for releasing such great software!

Erik dP
Expert

Post by Erik dP » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:49 am

...I got the impression that AudioCopy only was 16bit. Wouldn't that kind of ruin 24bit recordings in the conversions? 24bit -> 16bit -> 24bit.
Song writer http://www.youtube.com/erikdepomian
"Your Comfort Lie" "White Feather" "Canyons" "Where No Monsters Go" ...and more.