The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

flyingfadr

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by flyingfadr » Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:21 pm

Only ONE wish... MORE Locate Points ! I use it for backing track playback Live, and it's rock solid... but More Locate Points In/Out would be IMMENSELY helpful for live Performance... NAMED Locate points would be absolutely Glorious ! ;-)

🙏🏻🤞

jussishow
Expert

Post by jussishow » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:12 am

As a 'once every second blue moon' Auria user I tend to forget how impressive this app really is !
Beeing able to record audio and midi live, mixing/fixing, adding plugins, EQing, tweaking e.t.c without crashing, waiting for spinning beach balls/hourglasses is absolutely amazing !

I'm also reminded of the small/tiny issues that I wish could be different/fixed :

Track names are limited to 9 characters, which is fine ! But the track panels in the waveform view are not wide enough to show 9 characters ! On my iPad Pro 10.5 they show up as 5/6 characters + '...'.
Is this app or iPad/IOS related ? Is it the same on other iPad models / sizes ?

Mixer layout / Waveform view layout:

I remember reading that hiding the sub channel strips in the mixer view is not possible ... hardcoded since day #1.
The horizontal scrolling seems to work fine now, so in the mixer view it's not that big of an issue ...
And in the waveform view I have to scroll down past the subs to get to the master track if I want to fade in or out using automation...

I (still) wish it would be possible to move the master track around ... Atleast have a few fixed positions to choose from !
Far left/top, after tracks but before subs, far right/bottom (default) ...

?
90DCAF74-2ED6-4683-8F18-644D667A0FFD.jpeg

stevencirile

Post by stevencirile » Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:10 pm

Rim, need's like 12 mixbus’ s. Similar to harrison Mixbus32c.
Also drag n drop wav and midi-the one drawback to iOS recording-no simple direct import and export of files without using Dropbox

Ralf
Expert

Post by Ralf » Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:38 am

Anthony Alves wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 11:10 am
curious of what it is that you think makes Auria old and outdated . Cheers
Hi,

I can't speak for the OP.

In Dec 29, 2022 I reported that Auria Pro is rendered useless due to serious bugs, see my iPadOS 16.2 bug report .

I'm still using the same iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) MTFR2FD/A A1876, Capacity 1.02 TB. At the moment on iPadOS 16.5.1 (c) (20F770750d).

Cubasis was updated 5 month ago, Multitrack Studio was update 1 month ago, Auria Pro was updated 1 year ago.

Cubasis and Multitrack Studio are missing features, but at least they are maintained and they are working. Auria Pro might work for your hardware and workflow, but it doesn't work with some reasonable hardware and/or workflows.

Meanwhile, another serious DAW has made the leap to iPadOS.

Auria Pro as well as Cubasis and Multitrack Studio have some advantages over Logic Pro, just to mention a few:

- Excellent user interfaces, while the user interface of Logic Pro is disgusting
- They don't collect data, while Logic Pro collects an unreasonable amount of data
- You can buy these 3 DAWs and don't have to rent them

OTOH Logic Pro provides features such as changing the time signature by also adjusting the grid accordingly. IOW apart from features no musician or audio engineer needs, it provides important features that were missing for iPadOS DAWs.

Is Auria Pro still maintained? Will there be fixes and missing features soon?

Regards,
Ralf

willie

Post by willie » Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:59 am

Hi,
I‘m just starting something new. So maybe this is the time to ask for urgent needed features.
The first question that came up is, will there be any new features or updates in future?
Because for me at the moment this is a most urgent question. When I start this new project I have to decide which way to go.
Stay on Auria or switch to Cubasis.
From the UI and the Workflow I like to stay on Auria, but I need one or two features.
Most needed Flac Support: in the new project I work with an UI24R as an audio interface. I can’t record directly into the pad because the lack of 34 rec input support. (The UI has 24 inputs and 10 output, and the interface ordered them output and than inputs, so I only get 14 inputs directly) But the UI24R can output every channel to a file in Flac format on a USB Stick. But at the moment I have to convert all files manually from Flac to mp3 (WAV doesn‘t work, too) but this will lead into an extra step on a PC. Didn‘t get this working on my iPad.
All this is working in Cubasis, but I love the UI of Auria.
So the big question will we ever get new features or is Auria end of life.

Ralf
Expert

Post by Ralf » Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:09 am

Whenever I'm faced with the decision of which DAW to use for a new project, I've always ruled out one from the outset, and that's Auria Pro. Well, Auria Pro no longer works on my iPad anyway, but even if it still did, I would be cautious.
If you're working on a project with Auria Pro, you definitely shouldn't risk iPadOS updates. As a user, I consider Auria Pro to be EOL because that's how it appears to me in my update history.