The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Tarekith
Expert

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by Tarekith » Sun May 19, 2013 10:20 am

I always hit the wrong one too, so the single toggle mode is a great idea for me. Other ideas:

- A simple way to clean up a project of unused audio files, without having to manually delete all your snapshots and reload the project.

- A way to rename audio files recorded in Auria via audiobus or audio paste.

- Everything is really fast and snappy on my iPad4, EXCEPT zooming and navigating the edit screen with more than a few tracks. Not sure what's possible, but if this was optimised more it would feel so much more fluid.

- Rename and re-color regions.

ZenLizard
Expert

Post by ZenLizard » Sun May 19, 2013 10:31 am

Add my vote for that single toggle button.
— Can you hum a few bars? —

syrupcore
Expert

Post by syrupcore » Sun May 19, 2013 8:32 pm

Yay @toggle button. Was wondering if I was the only one!

Geco

Post by Geco » Mon May 20, 2013 10:28 pm

Hi
Wow this little monster app is nr.1 for me :) i would like to see the same track color in the mixer view :) is sidechain comp. avaible ?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue May 21, 2013 8:41 am

Sidechain is available on many of the FabFilter plugins.

I experimented with adding the track color to the bottom of the mixer and it looked terrible.

Rim

sealpt
Expert

Post by sealpt » Tue May 21, 2013 12:15 pm

Hey guys, in Logic audio there is a feature called "Flex". I use it sometimes when my guitar track's timing is a bit off. Basically you can enable Flex and it puts points on the guitar track wave files. I can "nudge" points around and get them back on the beat.

Is there any way you could make something like that in Auria? From what I understand, nothing in the IOS world has that yet.

Thank you,
Shawn

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue May 21, 2013 5:23 pm

A possibility. I'll need to look into it a bit.

Rim

ZenLizard
Expert

Post by ZenLizard » Wed May 22, 2013 1:04 am

@Rim — most of the desktop DAW software has a feature like that. The developers all call it something different and claim it is exclusive to their own software. It's usually part of or along side an "audio quantize" feature. I thought it might help to know that as you "...look into it a bit"
— Can you hum a few bars? —

sealpt
Expert

Post by sealpt » Wed May 22, 2013 8:09 am

Thanks Rim. You guys would be the first kids on the block to do something like this.

Shawn

Tarekith
Expert

Post by Tarekith » Wed May 22, 2013 8:57 am

- The ability to hide the group channels in the mixer, I never really buss things so they take up space. Alternately, a way to specifiy less than 8 buss tracks in our projects.

- Make the double tap selection area snap to the current quantize/snap value. Right now you can only snap the selection area boundaries after you set it. IE, when I double tap and start dragging, the selection area starts NOT set to the current snap value, I always have to adjust afterwards.

- More editing options for regions covered by the selection area. Cut, copy, paste, delete etc. Would save the step of having to first choose Select highlighted regions in the edit menu.

thebioguy
Expert

Post by thebioguy » Thu May 23, 2013 4:45 am

A single toggle? Why didn't I think of that?!

Double plus (++)

djjuniorpops
Expert

Post by djjuniorpops » Thu May 23, 2013 10:40 am

Rim when can we expect an UPDATE, also any preview on upcoming features. Auria #1, keep up the good work.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu May 23, 2013 11:07 am

v1.10 is pretty close to finished. I'll be making an announcement about it sometime next week, I expect.

Rim

eyegor

Post by eyegor » Sat May 25, 2013 4:03 am

Mute and solo functions.
  • Button
    Really close especially if you have big hands and big fingers, sometimes I press the wrong one: could it be possible to place its a little bit further? i.e. one on top and one on the bottom of the slider?
  • View
    A better "view": i.e. green color for solo and red for mute and/or a darker channel strip in mute.
Thanks.

Rampan

Pitch shift by resampling

Post by Rampan » Sat May 25, 2013 7:32 am

Hey Rim,
It would be great if we can change the pitch of a region just by resampling it (I remember someone having this as a bug at some point). Maybe a resample (up and down and variable for a variable speed effect) maybe as an option in the process menu. Yes the length of the region will change accordingly, that could be desirable if not, then with the stretch feature available already it would be easy to readjust the length if needed.
Thanks
Ramy