Auria Future

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

djjuniorpops
Expert

Auria Future

Post by djjuniorpops » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:05 am

What is going on with Auria, there is really no improvement to this platform for years now, no new features, no UI improvements and the list goes on, All other DAW has seen a fair amount of updates and bug fixes.
Rim could you please give us some info about the present state of Auria and what's in store for the future.
On Audio Bus forum there is quite an interesting discussion on Auria Pro is dead.

Gary
Expert

Re: Auria Future

Post by Gary » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:49 pm

There is an update. V. 233 today

Ralf
Expert

Post by Ralf » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:53 am

Hi,

Auria Pro is entirely broken on the iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) MTFR2FD/A, iPadOS 15.5 (19F77). If I try to load project foo, it's loading project bar instead. Even if I just close Auria Pro, the next time it opens with some random project or snapshot instead. It crashes all the times. Support doesn't reply to a bug report. Cubasis 3 and MTS suffer from bugs, too, but at least it's possible to use those DAWs and support does respond to bug reports.

I don't experience anything good with the mentioned update. Auria Pro with in-app purchases is just a very, very expensive app, that doesn't work at all.

Regards,
Ralf

My iPad workstations

ReflectiveHaze

Post by ReflectiveHaze » Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:03 pm

Have you tried a clean install, then make a simple project with only Auria plugins?
I remember reading that some AUs don't work well with Auria. Also I remember reading (I think on the Audiobus forum) that even AUs installed and not instantiated in the project can cause issues.

I guess my rambling is to say: can you start very simple and systematically add things and see what the cause is?

Ralf
Expert

Post by Ralf » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:20 am

I already spend two weeks of my holidays with the pseudo code bisection without code, but by the restart your device and start with something clean method. Now it's up to the support to chime in. The rest of my holidays I will make music using either MultitrackStudio or Cubasis 3, both tested with the same project and AUv3 plugins. Btw. a good reason to never ever use the effects and synth included to a DAW is that you are screwed, if you need to migrate a project or completely start from zero using another DAW.

ReflectiveHaze

Post by ReflectiveHaze » Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:05 am

Gotcha. Hope you can find out the trouble AU or what ever may be causing the problem. Auria is a great DAW, especially for final mixing and mastering with audio.

Gary
Expert

Post by Gary » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:19 pm

Ralf wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:53 am
Hi,

Auria Pro is entirely broken on the iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) MTFR2FD/A, iPadOS 15.5 (19F77). If I try to load project foo, it's loading project bar instead. Even if I just close Auria Pro, the next time it opens with some random project or snapshot instead. It crashes all the times. Support doesn't reply to a bug report. Cubasis 3 and MTS suffer from bugs, too, but at least it's possible to use those DAWs and support does respond to bug reports.

I don't experience anything good with the mentioned update. Auria Pro with in-app purchases is just a very, very expensive app, that doesn't work at all.

Regards,
Ralf

I’m running the last update on a 2021 iPad Pro. So far no issues.

Ralf
Expert

Post by Ralf » Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:44 am

ReflectiveHaze wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:05 am
Gotcha. Hope you can find out the trouble AU or what ever may be causing the problem. Auria is a great DAW, especially for final mixing and mastering with audio.
Hi,

this doesn't help at all. After reinstalling Auria I can start a new project, that doesn't suffer from issues. If I load the broken project, the issues does start again. Auria starts loading random snapshots, doesn't save the latest state of a project or even does load random projects. If this should be caused by one of the used AUv3 plugins, then I expect Auria to still load the correct project and the wanted snapshot. If an AUv3 plugin fails when using Cubasis 3 or MultitrackStudio I can remove the plugin, the project isn't lost.

I disagree that Auria is great, I never was able to finish a large project using Auria, in the end it always was corrupted by one way or the other. That Auria's mixer is a little bit better than the mixers of Cubasis 3 and MultitrackStudio gains nothing, the only advantage are the tempo/signature features of Auria, but those aren't always needed and it's possible to workaround missing tempo/signature features, let alone that all DAWs, including Auria, need workarounds for polyrhythms anyway.

When using Cubasis 3 and MultitrackStudio and an Auria mixer feature should be missing, I can either use 16 outputs of my audio interface with my analog mixing console or alternatively export all tracks and import those tracks to a desktop DAW to get countless channels by a studio in the box. I even could make a project with Cubasis 3 or MultitrackStudio, export the tracks and import those as Auria tracks for mastering purpose, this way Auria can't screw up long time work, while the final mix could be done with Auria.

I don't think I will use Auria again, at least not before there are signs that support cares for users and also not before Auria is released with something new. It's no help if a few tracks 10 minute project is ok, but when the project grows everything is lost. Btw. Cubasis and MultitrackStudio where updated countless times and the mixing features aren't that much behind Auria anymore. They provide sub groups and aux channels, too, just the audio routing is not that flexible as for Auria. OTOH related to MIDI routing Auria is still way behind Cubasis and MultitrackStudio, even while the Auria developers improved Auria's MIDI routing.

Btw. I suspect that multiple instances of BeatHawk might be one culprit for the Auria issues. Multiple instances of BeatHawk cause issues for Cubasis and MultitrackStudio, but nothing is lost when using the other DAWs, I can remove all instances, excepted of one and replace the other instances by other plugins to workaround the issues.

My iPad DAWs.

YMMV!

Just my 2 Cents,
Ralf

ReflectiveHaze

Post by ReflectiveHaze » Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:43 am

Your case sounds pretty complicated for forum discussion to help untangle. I would try to send WaveMachine labs a direct email. I've emailed before and received a reply with 24 hours. In past forum discussions, they've even asked for project to be sent to them to help you check for the issue. But, yah, I would try the email route and see where you get.

djjuniorpops
Expert

Post by djjuniorpops » Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:14 pm

As I mentioned before Auria need some TLC , to much issues.