What is the future of Auria?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

ReflectiveHaze

What is the future of Auria?

Post by ReflectiveHaze » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:10 am

Would like to voice my frustrations as well as my successes with Auria Pro. I use an old iPad Air 2, have Auria Pro and all the FabFilter in app purchases.

Successes
Truly, this DAW is the best on iOS in features. Included synths (FabFilter Twin2 and One), Lyra sample player are top notch. DAW editing with time stretch, MIDI humanize, and so many features not available on other DAWs. FabFilter in app purchases are a fantastic option for mixing (and are professional grade) I've been able to use a mobile device to write, mix and master music, which I never thought would be possible!

Frustrations
Recently, there seems to be no interaction on the forum or otherwise with WaveMachine labs. There are bugs reported, but no interaction or communication that the bug is tracked and in process of being fixed. Long standing bugs are not fixed or communicated about the status. Most recently, a new update to fix crashes and improve stability caused a new instability with instant crashes when pressing the in app keyboard button.

Final Thoughts
I can only imagine the frustration in working on an app and fixing bugs that crop up with changing iOS versions and iPad hardware. But, I think it would be good of Corey and Rim to check in with all of us users to give a status on the problems with the app. Right now, I am not sure what the future is for Auria for me. I still use it as my main DAW, and am happy with it, as I love the professional results with the in app purchased FabFilter plugins. But, with no communication from WaveMachine Labs about fixing bugs, and no interaction from them, it seems at some point I may look to go away from it. I think my mindset would change with more interaction from WaveMachine Labs.

Please be kind in replies and sharing of opinions in this thread. The developer has made a fantastic app for us to use, and on an iPad, which is a great achievement. I love this app, and hope for continued development and fixes. But if no communication, or very infrequent communication is occurring, I can't help but wonder if the app will be left behind, or just fixed for iOS version updates (like NanoStudio 2). If Auria Pro 3.0 is in the works, would definitely be interested in that!

Thank you and hope all is well, from a concerned user.

ReflectiveHaze

Re: What is the future of Auria?

Post by ReflectiveHaze » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:19 am

To clarify some thoughts:
This is the best DAW on iOS. I will continue to use it unless it's completely broken by an iOS update and not planned to be fixed or updated.
If I go away from it, I'll move to PC/Mac, because the other iOS DAWs don't cut it for me.