Sample Rate/Pitch Issue -- Maybe? Or Something?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mesniu
Expert

Sample Rate/Pitch Issue -- Maybe? Or Something?

Post by mesniu » Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:27 am

We did a full recording session Wednesday night. It was frought with difficulties due to dirty power issues and I had to restart the entire system numerous times to get to a point we could record. Playback sounded fine at the end of the session, but when I got around to listening to the tracks last night, ALL the tracks were slightly faster and pitched UP by two semitones.

Has ANYONE else had this happen? Suggestions for reverting the tracks to their original speed/pitch? I've tried opening prior project snapshots but it nwas no help. I'd hate to lose this session if it can be avoided.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Sample Rate/Pitch Issue -- Maybe? Or Something?

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:03 am

This is caused by the audio interface your using. Obviously you used an audio interface to record the live performance. You may have recorded at a sample rate that is different than the project. Or you may be listening to the playback at the wrong sample rate. Make sure you check the files of the project to see what sample rate they are and see if that matches the project sample rate. You can also create a new project and import the individual tracks into the new project and Auria will automatically change the sample rate to match the project. If you see the pop up that says Auria is changing the sample or bit rate then you will know that there was a sample rate or bit rate difference. Good luck.

mesniu
Expert

Post by mesniu » Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:10 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see if it works.

mesniu
Expert

Post by mesniu » Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:45 pm

Ok. That suggestion didn't work. I'll be back in the room with the interface tonight (the heavy hardware stays at the practice space - the iPad comes home with me). If it plays correctly when I connect it I'll just export stems of the whole project and start a new project with them.

If that DOESN'T work, is there any way to "time stretch" a region WITHOUT pitch correction?

Thanks...

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:00 pm

Good luck with that
Last edited by Anthony Alves on Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:23 pm

Sounds like you must have done something wrong with your audio interface while recording the tracks. Also do a sample recording prior to the actual recording to make sure everything is working well. Good luck with your future recording. Cheers.