I’m great with software- but I’m so lost

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

DrHypno

I’m great with software- but I’m so lost

Post by DrHypno » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:25 pm

Greetings everyone
First post.
I’ve been evaluating DAW’s for iOS, and find that as far as features, Auria has more than one could wish for!

It’s Amaizing.

But I get so lost trying to record IAA instruments.
When I create a stereo audio track - the IAA source, as far as I can tell, must be selected as a channel strip insert
Ok fine..
Then on the mixer view of that channel, I can select Mic, Master, or Bus
If I select master, the meter will show audio, but as I switch to track view and record, it records a blank file

What is the correct way to record an audio source instrument?

Espiegel123
Expert

Re: I’m great with software- but I’m so lost

Post by Espiegel123 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:25 pm

When an IAA instrument is selected in the channel strip, Mic will record the IAA and not the mic..unless the IAA processes the mix.

lkingston
Expert

Post by lkingston » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:18 pm

No, an AUV3 instrument is not loaded as an insert (if you want to play from MIDI). You need to add a MIDI track and load it as an instrument. Click on the channel FX tab on the top of the channel you are using, then MIDI control, then select it as an instrument. Then on the mixer page, you need to click on the little note thing so that it directs MIDI from your keyboard to that channel’s instrument.

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:22 pm

lkingston wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:18 pm
No, an AUV3 instrument is not loaded as an insert (if you want to play from MIDI). You need to add a MIDI track and load it as an instrument. Click on the channel FX tab on the top of the channel you are using, then MIDI control, then select it as an instrument. Then on the mixer page, you need to click on the little note thing so that it directs MIDI from your keyboard to that channel’s instrument.
I don’t understand. I was responding to a problem you were having with IAA which is different from AUv3. Are you still having a problem,mor did yo7 get it sorted out?

lkingston
Expert

Post by lkingston » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:48 pm

My mistake. I misread IAA as AUV3. You still call it up the same way though, and not as an insert effect.

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:36 pm

lkingston wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:48 pm
My mistake. I misread IAA as AUV3. You still call it up the same way though, and not as an insert effect.
What I described works. I performed the steps before posting. And I believe it directly addresses the confusion that the original poster was having.

There are sometimes multiple ways to accomplish the same thing. You can choose an IAA instrument as the source for an audio channel using the steps I described. There are as you have mentioned other ways to load IAA instruments/generators, as well