Apple Files App for Backup

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

indratgj
Expert

Apple Files App for Backup

Post by indratgj » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:52 pm

I’m not positive this is a “new topic,” since it seems it would have been addressed here already, but I could find it with a search.

My issue is this: I was happy when I discovered Apple had finally given us the Files app, as a way to manage files and do non-Cloud backups from the iPad. I downloaded the app and got a 1 TB SSD drive. In initial testing with Auria Pro backups seemed to work.

However, today I reloaded an old project from the SSD Drive. Most of the project appears normal, but I’ve got the dreaded “(missing)” message by one of the waveforms. That waveform is present when I look at the Backup itself using the Files app. However, when I try to look at the file content in Auria, the individual project folders are listed, but they are grayed out. There seems to be no way to “look” inside the folders.

I remember awhile back I had a missing waveform problem that was corrected by deleting one of the folders in the relevant Auria project, and letting Auria rebuild that folder. Can’t remember what that folder was called, but it worked. But even this doesn’t seem to be an option, since I can’t see the Project’s files in Auria using the Files app.

I used to use iFunbox or iExplorer in the past. IFunbox on worked some of the time, but was very dodgy. iExplorer worked fairly consistently, but it was a hassle to have to hook my iPad up to the PC whenever I got ready to make a backup.

I know this isn’t a Apple Files App support forum, but I would appreciate any perspective that anyone out there has. I really don’t want to go back to iExplorer if I don’t have to.

Thanks,
Travis
iPad Pro 12.9” Gen 5, iOS v.15,5, Auria Pro, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Presonus HP6, DrumPerfect Pro

Espiegel123
Expert

Re: Apple Files App for Backup

Post by Espiegel123 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:18 pm

indratgj wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:52 pm
I’m not positive this is a “new topic,” since it seems it would have been addressed here already, but I could find it with a search.

My issue is this: I was happy when I discovered Apple had finally given us the Files app, as a way to manage files and do non-Cloud backups from the iPad. I downloaded the app and got a 1 TB SSD drive. In initial testing with Auria Pro backups seemed to work.

However, today I reloaded an old project from the SSD Drive. Most of the project appears normal, but I’ve got the dreaded “(missing)” message by one of the waveforms. That waveform is present when I look at the Backup itself using the Files app. However, when I try to look at the file content in Auria, the individual project folders are listed, but they are grayed out. There seems to be no way to “look” inside the folders.

I remember awhile back I had a missing waveform problem that was corrected by deleting one of the folders in the relevant Auria project, and letting Auria rebuild that folder. Can’t remember what that folder was called, but it worked. But even this doesn’t seem to be an option, since I can’t see the Project’s files in Auria using the Files app.

I used to use iFunbox or iExplorer in the past. IFunbox on worked some of the time, but was very dodgy. iExplorer worked fairly consistently, but it was a hassle to have to hook my iPad up to the PC whenever I got ready to make a backup.

I know this isn’t a Apple Files App support forum, but I would appreciate any perspective that anyone out there has. I really don’t want to go back to iExplorer if I don’t have to.

Thanks,
Travis
Files app doesn't let you look inside file bundles but both Audioshare and Documents by Readdle do. So copy your project to their home folders and you can peek inside. I have had some luck using load snapshot in a situation kind you are encountering.