Joining regions, losing wav file

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Tanookiaudio

Joining regions, losing wav file

Post by Tanookiaudio » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:05 pm

It pains me to write this because when it functions correctly, i love auria, i can even forgive the almost non stop crashes i experience especially once i get past 8 tracks or numerous ediits, but c’mon devs, this is getting to be intolerable. About 30% of the time that i try to join regions of the same sample, the resultant is a sample with 0 volume. Ive restarted Auria, no change, restarted my ipad, no change, reinstalled Auria, no change. Today’s headache is this, i have (2) 8 bar samples that im going to crossfade so i copied the first bar of the 1 st sample and pasted it at the end of the 8th bar of that sample so now it is a nine bar sample then i copied the last bar of the second sample and pasted it before the 1st bar of the second sample also creating a 9bar sample.....neither 8 bar sample will allow me to join it with its 1 bar samplette without killing the volume.....the purpose of these 1 bar samplettes is that they are going to become my crossfaded regions so i maintain the 8bar length of my samples , if i cant join them, then i cant crossfade they way i want, I have this same issue sometimes when i want to crossfade samples without adding the tags, ie the short samplette. I know i can create another track and draw in my crossfades with one sample on one track and the other on the new track but i try to keep my track counts to a minimum because the more tracks i have the more often Auria crashes. Im currently running ios 14.2, ive had this issue thru every ios update since i first purchased Auria. I have uninstalled it a few times, with no change, i doubt updating to 14.3 will help given the awful reviews ive read about 14.3, 14.2 has been terrible enough, i dread 14.3
100 inputs and no soundcheck......i got this

Espiegel123
Expert

Re: Joining regions, losing wav file

Post by Espiegel123 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:37 am

Tanookiaudio wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:05 pm
It pains me to write this because when it functions correctly, i love auria, i can even forgive the almost non stop crashes i experience especially once i get past 8 tracks or numerous ediits, but c’mon devs, this is getting to be intolerable. About 30% of the time that i try to join regions of the same sample, the resultant is a sample with 0 volume. Ive restarted Auria, no change, restarted my ipad, no change, reinstalled Auria, no change. Today’s headache is this, i have (2) 8 bar samples that im going to crossfade so i copied the first bar of the 1 st sample and pasted it at the end of the 8th bar of that sample so now it is a nine bar sample then i copied the last bar of the second sample and pasted it before the 1st bar of the second sample also creating a 9bar sample.....neither 8 bar sample will allow me to join it with its 1 bar samplette without killing the volume.....the purpose of these 1 bar samplettes is that they are going to become my crossfaded regions so i maintain the 8bar length of my samples , if i cant join them, then i cant crossfade they way i want, I have this same issue sometimes when i want to crossfade samples without adding the tags, ie the short samplette. I know i can create another track and draw in my crossfades with one sample on one track and the other on the new track but i try to keep my track counts to a minimum because the more tracks i have the more often Auria crashes. Im currently running ios 14.2, ive had this issue thru every ios update since i first purchased Auria. I have uninstalled it a few times, with no change, i doubt updating to 14.3 will help given the awful reviews ive read about 14.3, 14.2 has been terrible enough, i dread 14.3
Can you post a zipped copy of your project with directions to see if this happens for others?

By all accounts 14,3 and 14,4 are improvements on 14.2