CoreAudio headphones alert.

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

tahiche

CoreAudio headphones alert.

Post by tahiche » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:32 am

Hi,
I keep getting an alert warning about a headphone issue
We’ve identified a bug in the CoreAudio system which can cause issues if headphones are plugged in after plugging in this device
This happens even if headphones were plugged in before. I don’t see a problem with the headphones.
Even if this alert is justified, it pops up repeteadly, after dismissing it keeps popping up amd have to dismiss it about 5 times before being able to do anything.

Cheers!

The Lord Med

Re: CoreAudio headphones alert.

Post by The Lord Med » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:50 am

Are you on iPadOS 14.2? I’m wondering if it might be related to this (from another bug issue thread) -

Post by Rim » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:02 pm

After spending a couple of days on this one, I found out this is an Apple issue. There's a bug in iOS 14.2 in CoreMID and it affects a lot of other apps as well (in sometimes subtle ways). There's no effective workaround, but I have heard that this will be fixed in 14.3.

In the mean time, I am releasing another Auria update which disables CoreMIDI for iPads running 14.2. All normal internal MIDI functionality will continue to work within Auria (AUv3 for example), but if you need to send MIDI to an external app using CoreMIDI, this will be disabled until 14.3.

Another alternative is to roll back your iPad to 14.1 if you can.

Rim

tahiche

Re: CoreAudio headphones alert.

Post by tahiche » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:17 am

I’m actually on 14.3 beta.
I noticed something else. I was on a conference call with work using Teams, with my headphones. I opened Auria and this alert kept popping up endlessly, usually it’s a couple of times like I said. It’s logical you can’t use Auria while on a call!. But it seems like this “headphone after plugging in” is not (only) about the issue it points to.