Drum session by Blue mangoo, X drummer by Wave machine labs, and drumperfect pro - heavy metal IAA/audio unit drums

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

C Holdz
Expert

Drum session by Blue mangoo, X drummer by Wave machine labs, and drumperfect pro - heavy metal IAA/audio unit drums

Post by C Holdz » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:11 pm

Has anyone used two or all three of these? Drumperfect pro is like the BFD 3/SD 3 top of the line, drum session is mid-tier in terms of pro tweak ability but also ease of use, and X drummer is somewhere in between I think.

I am speaking in terms of Heavy metal drums, not just midi loops, but the actual drum sets, especially the metal kicks!

Which do you like best, and which one crashes least?

Thanks

Espiegel123
Expert

Re: Drum session by Blue mangoo, X drummer by Wave machine labs, and drumperfect pro - heavy metal IAA/audio unit drums

Post by Espiegel123 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:26 pm

DPP has the best kits hands down. Listen to the samples they’ve posted. It also requires some time to learn. You will want to look at their manual and tutorials.

C Holdz
Expert

Re: Drum session by Blue mangoo, X drummer by Wave machine labs, and drumperfect pro - heavy metal IAA/audio unit drums

Post by C Holdz » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:22 pm

How do you feel about Drum session and Rock drum machine in terms of
IAA/Au3/audio unit workability and stability?
Do you recommend either of drum session or Rock DM? I know DPP is the end all be all but I’m going to get it during a sale
It seems drum session is always $10 and Rock DM will eventually be on sale too

Anyway, I know DPP is the way to go for sure
I’m interested in the virtual drummers, the jam ability and AI tweaking its own fills and parts

Thank you man

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:38 pm

C Holdz wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:22 pm
How do you feel about Drum session and Rock drum machine in terms of
IAA/Au3/audio unit workability and stability?
Do you recommend either of drum session or Rock DM? I know DPP is the end all be all but I’m going to get it during a sale
It seems drum session is always $10 and Rock DM will eventually be on sale too

Anyway, I know DPP is the way to go for sure
I’m interested in the virtual drummers, the jam ability and AI tweaking its own fills and parts

Thank you man
On my machine drum session has been stable. I don't have Rock Drummer though I have other LUMBeats apps and they seem stable. I haven't been wowed by the Rock Drummer examples I've heard -- but he just released an update. I would check out demos on YouTube to see if you like how it sounds.

LUMBeats apps only very rarely go on sale.

The one thing that the LUMBeats apps do is vary the fills and feel a bit automatically where as DrumSession, you need to sequence the patterns that you want it to play or sequence your drums. That's great for putting together an arrangement but if you are looking for a jam partner, it doesn't do that.

C Holdz
Expert

Post by C Holdz » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:11 pm

Espiegel123 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:38 pm

On my machine drum session has been stable. I don't have Rock Drummer though I have other LUMBeats apps and they seem stable. I haven't been wowed by the Rock Drummer examples I've heard -- but he just released an update. I would check out demos on YouTube to see if you like how it sounds.

The one thing that the LUMBeats apps do is vary the fills and feel a bit automatically where as DrumSession, you need to sequence the patterns that you want it to play or sequence your drums. That's great for putting together an arrangement but if you are looking for a jam partner, it doesn't do that.
Ok I’m looking for that: what drum machine does... have that AI/auto fill and randomize so that it uses the relevant other grooves in its track, the video was pretty good

So then does that mean, besides Garabge band drummer, Rock Drummer is the only one that has the AI variability and “jam mode??
(Meaning I know drum session is all drag and drop without “help or jam”, and I know that DPP is more than i can handle

As you can see, I use stuf like Jamstix for auto grooving and wrapping grooves....

I dont think i will be able to completely LOSE/drop the laptop because Cubase 10.5 pro is just the most powerful DAW there is, but Auria is definitely right there in its own right, and so impressive that its ipad app (although iPads can proabably hold their own against PCs)

Thanks speigel!

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:17 pm

C Holdz wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:11 pm
Espiegel123 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:38 pm

Ok I’m looking for that: what drum machine does... have that AI/auto fill and randomize so that it uses the relevant other grooves in its track, the video was pretty good

So then does that mean, besides Garabge band drummer, Rock Drummer is the only one that has the AI variability and “jam mode??
(Meaning I know drum session is all drag and drop without “help or jam”, and I know that DPP is more than i can handle

As you can see, I use stuf like Jamstix for auto grooving and wrapping grooves....

I dont think i will be able to completely LOSE/drop the laptop because Cubase 10.5 pro is just the most powerful DAW there is, but Auria is definitely right there in its own right, and so impressive that its ipad app (although iPads can proabably hold their own against PCs)

Thanks speigel!
DPP has the ability to have some random variations but it isNot plug and play the way the LUMBeat apps are.

C Holdz
Expert

Post by C Holdz » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:26 pm

I bought Drum Session = best drum app so far
I bought X drummer - good sounds, cool grooves, but very “entry level” sounding
Obviously drum perfect pro is like the BFD 3/SD3 so no reason to mention that

Only one I need to get my hands on is lumpbeats Rock DrumMachine
But I think $18 is the normal price and someone said they never go on sale, excepts 2 days this year so i missed it

Which means ill just use X drummer and drum session for now and when DPP an d rock drum machine go on sale, i buy both

In fact i want to buy middle eastern drum machine by them too

BTW - the TAQSIM WORLD SYNTH app has a heavy metal expansion for $3 - BUUY IT