Issue with NOTION (Presonus)

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Cassius36

Issue with NOTION (Presonus)

Post by Cassius36 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:05 pm

Hello,
I just bought Auria Pro for my iPad under iOS13 and I wanted to import 3 Notion (Presonus) files.
I simply copied and pasted these files into Auria's folder.
I don't understand why only two of them are accessible by Auria.
And again they were not immediately but only later and without me understanding why or how!
So what is the process for importing XML and/or MIDI files into Auria?
(I explain why I ask this question:
So far I create scores by hand, with the stylus, on the iPad screen, with Notion but I can't find good instrument sounds in Notion. So I then re-export my scores to MuseScore under Linux, where the sounds are a bit better but it forces me to use my laptop which is much bigger and less mobile. So I had bought Auria Pro, thinking I could stay on the iPad to do these operations :)
Could or should I use another software than Presonus Notion to create my scores and MIDI files?
Thanks in advance for the help someone will be willing to give me.
My best regards,
Cassius

Espiegel123
Expert

Re: Issue with NOTION (Presonus)

Post by Espiegel123 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:08 pm

Did you export from Notion as MIDI files?

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:15 pm

The process is:
- From Notion, click on its share/export button
- make sure you choose MIDI as the format to export
- tap Send To
- tap Continue
- Tap Save to Files
- Save the MIDI file into the Auria Pro directory

In Auria Pro, open a project that has a MIDI track. Choose Import File. Choose the midi file you exported

Cassius36

Post by Cassius36 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:17 pm

Good evening,

I followed your method and after having clicked on "Import File" I can see the track I loaded (with in the Dest. Track column: 33v)
But when I click on OK it does matter but I can't find it in the "Projects" list afterwards.

Besides I don't know how to close the current project.

Thank you in advance,
Sincerely
Cassius

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:36 pm

when you import a MIDI file, the midi is imported onto tracks of the currently open project

You “close” a project by opening another one or creating a new one.

Cassius36

Post by Cassius36 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:01 am

Thank you very much!

I noticed by chance that I had imported a lot of tracks into the open project that I couldn't close!
I'm starting to better understand the basics of how Auria works.

I started to translate the user manual but it is long and it requires a lot of (re)layout.
So I take advantage of this exchange to ask you to explain one more thing to me: I find that the sound of some instruments in the piece I imported from Notion is not good so how can I improve it or even change it?

Are there quality sound banks that can be imported into Auria or do I need to modify the sound I already have with the Auria console?
Could I find a sound of bagpipe ?

Thanks again!
Sincerely,
Patrick

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:09 am

Cassius36 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:01 am
Thank you very much!

I noticed by chance that I had imported a lot of tracks into the open project that I couldn't close!
I'm starting to better understand the basics of how Auria works.

I started to translate the user manual but it is long and it requires a lot of (re)layout.
So I take advantage of this exchange to ask you to explain one more thing to me: I find that the sound of some instruments in the piece I imported from Notion is not good so how can I improve it or even change it?

Are there quality sound banks that can be imported into Auria or do I need to modify the sound I already have with the Auria console?
Could I find a sound of bagpipe ?

Thanks again!
Sincerely,
Patrick
Auria Pro can import sfz format instruments to play with its Lyra sample player. You can also use AUv3 and IAA instruments. You will have to do some research to find various options for the instruments you want to use. There are many sample players and synthesizers available and many libraries of sounds.

If you want opinions about individual instruments, you will need to be specific about what you are looking for as well as the quality. You might get more responses about such a topic on the Audiobus forum which has more activity and users than this AP specific forum. The question of instruments isn’t really specific to Auria Pro.