WTF !! AURIA PRO?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rdm

WTF !! AURIA PRO?

Post by Rdm » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:02 pm

So I’m a long time protools user and due to downsizing I decided to track using my iPad. I’ve looked at all music apps that suit my needs and I remember looking at auria when it first came out. Have to admit it was ahead of its time for music recording on the iPad but it was so blocky, jittery, laggy and wasn’t worth the time for me at the time to get used to.

I purchased the upgrade to AURIA PRO (so glad I didn’t pay full price) and to my amazement these guys have nailed it as the best daw on iPad. From editing, mixing, tracking etc. Kudos.

HERE is the massive WTF !!! I was looking to use my iPad for tracking only and mix in protools. So I tracked a full session in AURIA pro and I was looking to export the stems or individual tracks to protools however to my amazement the only decent, efficient option Was The prehistoric AAF option. What the hell!!

To make matters worse I tried exporting it this way and as predicted it said there was errors no matter how many times I exported even with reduced tracks. I ended up having to import all the tracks from the AAF folder which all had to be time aligned and renamed. How can this be labelled pro?

I can’t believe a £50 alleged PRO app doesn’t have a feature to export all tracks to a folder Whilst keeping time stamps and track names. It’s almost like they’re forcing you to do it all in the iPad or it’s a sheer hassle to get the audio out. By all means if there’s another option I’m open to hear it that isn’t a silly workaround. Even if we could consolidate each track individually and set start and end markers so when importing they all start at their right position.

I then tried beatmaker 3 and to my surprise it allowed All track Exporting however having to mute tracks whilst recording was tedious. AURIA excels in all aspects EXCEPT EXPORTING. CAN THIS BE SORTED........PLEASE .....

dewbop

Re: WTF !! AURIA PRO?

Post by dewbop » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:02 pm

I know this is a late reply to this post but I just read it and I’m confused. What is missing from the mixdown as stems option? Under Menu > Mixdown, select stems as the file type. Each track is saved as an individual wave role named with track number and name. Is that what your looking for?
Listening...

Rdm

Post by Rdm » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:19 am

You’re awesome mate. Exactly what I’m looking for.

Why this isn’t in the export section is beyond me.

Thanks again ☺️

Musikman4Christ

Post by Musikman4Christ » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:26 pm

Yeah not all things are obvious but it is still the Pro DAW we have on IOs and indo hope it continues to get love and development.

Steelgato

Post by Steelgato » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:08 am

So am trying to do the same thing for the first time. I believe I have the stems file because I can see it from the open menu but I don't know how to access it to send them off.

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:14 am

Turn 'Export' to 'OFF' in the Auria mixdown menu. This will leave all of your bounced files in the Auria Documents folder.
You can then access the Documents folder in the Apple Files App (On my iPad> Auria).
You can then easily send the files to any compatible cloud service to then share them.

Steelgato

Post by Steelgato » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:04 am

Ah thank you. I am also new to apple file management so my learning curve is compounded.