Can Auria Pro replace Logic X, Pro Tools etc

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

MikeSparrow
Expert

Can Auria Pro replace Logic X, Pro Tools etc

Post by MikeSparrow » Fri May 15, 2020 2:47 am

For a few years now I have been enjoying Auria Pro, it is simply great - I have moved all my sessions from Logic X to my iPad, I guess what made me connect with it is the interaction I can have directly with it - similar to mixing desk where you get to interact with it directly.

Having some of the best plugins available makes Aurio Pro a great choice for anyone—professional and a hobbyist.

I believe that a few possible improvements could really take Auria Pro to much more efficient and more ace mobile DAW:

1. Having colors in mixing window same as they are in edit window - having usually over 30 tracks in session simply takes too much time to navigate within the mix window without having some sort of colored view.

2. Being able to move tracks around from the mix window.

3. Having one BIG BUTTON to switch between edit and mix window - I find myself needing to press several times to switch between the windows; having one big button to switch between windows makes sense to me.

4. On iPad 12.9 with screen optimization we are lucky enough to see plugin inserts directly from the main mix window, without needing to select them from FX, however when AUv3 are used we’re not able to see what plugin is being selected, we can only see that’s something is there.

5. Having more adjustable markers where names can be changed, similarly to what’s available on Logic, pro tools etc.

6. Being able to change multiple tracks colors at the same time - this would really save a lot of time when organizing the session.

7. Being able to move multiple tracks at the same time.

8. It would be amazing to have all the plugins organized by type or company name. Currently having all of them in one folder makes it really time consuming to find what you need, especially with incredibly growing list of new arrivals.

9. Some other possible improvements that could be beneficial would be being able to dial in automation more accurately. Currently when setting it manually, I find it almost impossible to dial in the exact dB I’m after - maybe when selecting control point having it appear locked at previously set volume level of the track?

I know all of this seems like a wish list, and it is, however I feel it makes more sense to have the wishlists in some kind of system like numbers (in this case) where new users can add on to what’s currently there and developers can easily refer back to numbers.

Hopefully that makes sense, I would really like to know what number 10 and etc would be for you guys.

Cheers

MikeSparrow
Expert

Re: Can Auria Pro replace Logic X, Pro Tools etc

Post by MikeSparrow » Fri May 15, 2020 4:48 am

MikeSparrow wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 2:47 am
For a few years now I have been enjoying Auria Pro, it is simply great - I have moved all my sessions from Logic X to my iPad, I guess what made me connect with it is the interaction I can have directly with it - similar to mixing desk where you get to interact with it directly.

Having some of the best plugins available makes Aurio Pro a great choice for anyone—professional and a hobbyist.

I believe that a few possible improvements could really take Auria Pro to much more efficient and more ace mobile DAW:

1. Having colors in mixing window same as they are in edit window - having usually over 30 tracks in session simply takes too much time to navigate within the mix window without having some sort of colored view.

2. Being able to move tracks around from the mix window.

3. Having one BIG BUTTON to switch between edit and mix window - I find myself needing to press several times to switch between the windows; having one big button to switch between windows makes sense to me.

4. On iPad 12.9 with screen optimization we are lucky enough to see plugin inserts directly from the main mix window, without needing to select them from FX, however when AUv3 are used we’re not able to see what plugin is being selected, we can only see that’s something is there.

5. Having more adjustable markers where names can be changed, similarly to what’s available on Logic, pro tools etc.

6. Being able to change multiple tracks colors at the same time - this would really save a lot of time when organizing the session.

7. Being able to move multiple tracks at the same time.

8. It would be amazing to have all the plugins organized by type or company name. Currently having all of them in one folder makes it really time consuming to find what you need, especially with incredibly growing list of new arrivals.

9. Some other possible improvements that could be beneficial would be being able to dial in automation more accurately. Currently when setting it manually, I find it almost impossible to dial in the exact dB I’m after - maybe when selecting control point having it appear locked at previously set volume level of the track?

I know all of this seems like a wish list, and it is, however I feel it makes more sense to have the wishlists in some kind of system like numbers (in this case) where new users can add on to what’s currently there and developers can easily refer back to numbers.

Hopefully that makes sense, I would really like to know what number 10 and etc would be for you guys.

Cheers

10. Being able to rearrange plugin order while keeping all the settings intact

11. More flexible File Managment. Some names of the tracks, folders etc can be very long...currently there is no way to adjust the view in the file management .

Nicksense

Re: Can Auria Pro replace Logic X, Pro Tools etc

Post by Nicksense » Thu May 28, 2020 11:57 am

I agree with all of these. Especially 9. Writing detailed automation is a real chore in Auria because of how finicky the automation points are. It’s almost a deal breaker for me. It’s so much easier to do in every other app I’ve used.