Is there a forum list of FX to avoid?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

JohnnyGoodyear

Is there a forum list of FX to avoid?

Post by JohnnyGoodyear » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:38 pm

Hello all. Been awhile. Have found dear Auria almost unusable for some time, many crashes etc. Finally decided to delete/reinstall and hope for a fresh start.

First simple project out of the box I did crash but only after the introduction of FAC Chorus FX. Before going further down the rabbit hole thought I'd check in and ask if there is any kind of floating list of other apps, AU3 or IAA, known to cause trouble?

Would be good to avoid from the getgo...presume you chaps have been through all of this already, but if anyone could point me in the right direction I would be grateful. I really want it to woke out this time, which is pretty much what I said on my last wedding day too. :) JG

Espiegel123
Expert

Re: Is there a forum list of FX to avoid?

Post by Espiegel123 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:27 pm

I wish there were. I don’t know if RIM or Corey have one. I’ve notice on the Audiobus forum that people mention problems in the abstract but rarely troubleshoot to determine with AUs are causing them problems or of they do, they don’t post.

Espiegel123
Expert

Re: Is there a forum list of FX to avoid?

Post by Espiegel123 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:35 pm

JohnnyGoodyear wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:38 pm
Hello all. Been awhile. Have found dear Auria almost unusable for some time, many crashes etc. Finally decided to delete/reinstall and hope for a fresh start.

First simple project out of the box I did crash but only after the introduction of FAC Chorus FX. Before going further down the rabbit hole thought I'd check in and ask if there is any kind of floating list of other apps, AU3 or IAA, known to cause trouble?

Would be good to avoid from the getgo...presume you chaps have been through all of this already, but if anyone could point me in the right direction I would be grateful. I really want it to woke out this time, which is pretty much what I said on my last wedding day too. :) JG
Under what circumstance with FAC Chorus was it crashing. I can try it out. Some context which I’ll be helpful since it doesn’t seem to be as simple as just having it in a project (at least on my iPad with iOS 12.3.1 on a simple one track project)