Noise blips(artifacts)

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Struggling musician
Expert

Re: Noise blips(artifacts)

Post by Struggling musician » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:42 pm

Ok, now it just sounds really really staticky and distorted.
Perhaps my mistake was, I pulled all of the tracks from the other project in Auria local file. Do you think I should pull the tracks directly from my drop box files?

Struggling musician
Expert

Post by Struggling musician » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:43 pm

However I do have this showing now
Attachments
ECCB7072-CBDA-4A48-9D18-ACDA6B4EA20B.jpeg

Rodolfo
Expert

Post by Rodolfo » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:24 pm

it’s really hard to tell what’s going on in your case.
In order to troubleshoot this, I strongly suggest that you start with just one track, then bounce it and see if there’s some glitches as you were experiencing. Use a clean audio file in which you can trust, something you know for sure is ok. Try it at 44.1 and 48, to see if there’s any difference. Then start adding some additional tracks until you experience the problem, then that last step should be the cause.

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:59 pm

Rodolfo wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:24 pm
it’s really hard to tell what’s going on in your case.
In order to troubleshoot this, I strongly suggest that you start with just one track, then bounce it and see if there’s some glitches as you were experiencing. Use a clean audio file in which you can trust, something you know for sure is ok. Try it at 44.1 and 48, to see if there’s any difference. Then start adding some additional tracks until you experience the problem, then that last step should be the cause.
I’d recommend a couple of things. Record silence to a track and see if blips occur. Record a sine wave from a synth AU.

Struggling musician
Expert

Post by Struggling musician » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:22 pm

I just remembered something that may be important. All of the tracks were recorded in the garage band app then I exported them out and into auria

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:44 pm

Struggling musician wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:22 pm
I just remembered something that may be important. All of the tracks were recorded in the garage band app then I exported them out and into auria
Can you set up a simple test with just one track and one of the files? It will be a lot easier to figure out what is going on if you can find the simplest case that results in the issue.

If you can create a new project and import one of the source files and do a bounce and it has the problem that would simplify debugging.

Struggling musician
Expert

Post by Struggling musician » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:54 pm

I bounced a single test track with no artifacts plus it sounds clear. I tested it on a new project with a sample rate of 48k. I also noticed in importing the file it read “converting sample rate “ in the load bar.
The first time I imported multiple tracks at once and did not receive this message. I won’t know for sure if the problem is solved until I import all the tracks in question and bounce them all but I will import them one at a time.

Thank you.

Struggling musician
Expert

Post by Struggling musician » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:42 pm

The 44100 sample rate may have been the problem. When I first switched to 48k I imported everything from the project files all at once and the files did not convert to 48k so it sounded distorted. Importing one at a time they all converted. I bounced the tracks with no blips! Yet I also didn’t have any plugins running yet but on the 44100 project I bounced them without plug ins and still got the blips. So I think sample rate was the right answer.
Once I get the entire project processed with plugins, I’ll attempt another bounce and let’s you guys know how it turns out.
Thanks for all of your help