Can I stretch a MIDI clip?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

sch
Expert

Can I stretch a MIDI clip?

Post by sch » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:04 pm

I’ve got a 13-track MIDI file for a tune I want to rearrange/remix in AP. I’ve also got the mp3 to use as a audio reference track. The tune’s tempo is 115 bpm.

The audio file is 4:16 minutes long. When I import the MIDI file (using keep tempo set to off, although on gets the same results), the MIDI tracks end at 3:45 and, obviously, don’t sync with the audio track. (The audio file is a few seconds longer due to reverb tails, but still, the MIDI clips are all too short.)

Is there a way to fix this? I’ve tried the 2-finger stretch I saw described on an Audiobus Forum post, but I don’t see the curly indicator and I can’t seem to initiate the stretch. Most frustrating... any suggestions would be really welcome.

I’m on latest 12.9 iPad Pro running 13.3.1 with version 2.230 of Auria Pro.

sch
Expert

Re: Can I stretch a MIDI clip?

Post by sch » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:30 pm

Update: I found another MIDI file of the tune that matches the tempo and length etc.

Rodolfo
Expert

Re: Can I stretch a MIDI clip?

Post by Rodolfo » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:38 pm

I already answered this on the Audiobus forum, but I’m copying the response here in case it’s useful for other users.
Rodolfo

========
Please check the video, make sure you tap with your first finger on the bottom handle, then add a second finger and drag to the new position.

https://youtu.be/YepsYEJN9sI