Importing files

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

KevinMcL

Importing files

Post by KevinMcL » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:07 pm

I have been given the multitrack files for a live performance I did recently. I would like to work on these in Auria but..... they were given to me in a folder with each separate track as it’s own .wav file.

Please forgive my lack of knowledge but It seems like there is no obvious way to import these files into auria.

Any suggestions?

Espiegel123
Expert

Re: Importing files

Post by Espiegel123 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:39 pm

KevinMcL wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:07 pm
I have been given the multitrack files for a live performance I did recently. I would like to work on these in Auria but..... they were given to me in a folder with each separate track as it’s own .wav file.

Please forgive my lack of knowledge but It seems like there is no obvious way to import these files into auria.

Any suggestions?
There are a few ways of importing files:

* Using the Files app, put copies of the files in the Auria Pro folder "On my iPad" (you can create a subfolder for the files to make it easier to organize them). Then use Import File in the menu commands to import the files into a project. See Import File in the manual
* Drag and Drop. You can launch Auria Pro and open the Files app in slide over mode (do a Google search if you aren't sure about slide over mode and multitasking) and drag files onto tracks. NOW, there is a bug in AP at the moment that causes events of stereo files dragged in to be twice as long as they should be. Simply drag the glyph that resizes events a little bit and the event will snap to the right size.
* You can also use iTunes Files Sharing if that is your preference to get the audio files into the Auria Pro folder. Most people would find this a hassle, but I mention it in case iTunes File Sharing is part of a workflow you like.

KevinMcL

Post by KevinMcL » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:50 pm

Thank you for your reply. Looking further I notice I also have the PT X-Files so this is The ProTools files that they used. There’s obviously a level of knowledge that I’m missing because what I can’t do is get these files into my Files app from the Citrix share file platform online. I routinely use the Files app for memory conservation by storing all of my sessions in the cloud when I’m not working on them.

I’m trying to get all this done on a 32 gig iPad Air with version 12 software . Perhaps it’s just the machine I’m using.

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:37 am

KevinMcL wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:50 pm
Thank you for your reply. Looking further I notice I also have the PT X-Files so this is The ProTools files that they used. There’s obviously a level of knowledge that I’m missing because what I can’t do is get these files into my Files app from the Citrix share file platform online. I routinely use the Files app for memory conservation by storing all of my sessions in the cloud when I’m not working on them.

I’m trying to get all this done on a 32 gig iPad Air with version 12 software . Perhaps it’s just the machine I’m using.
I don't know what Citrix share is. Where does it Store the files it downloads?

KevinMcL

Post by KevinMcL » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:08 pm

Ok so I figured it out. Citrix share is an online storage platform like Dropbox. I’ve never heard of it till this either. Turns out the missing piece of the puzzle was the Citrix file share app! With that I was able to transfer the files to the files app.

I made a folder in files and then downloaded all the .wav files into it. Then they were available to auria. Yay!!!

So this has lead me to another question. Does auria have a way to transfer non mixed down projects? Can I send someone my project with the mixing progress I’ve made so far and let them do some work on it, then send it back to me for finishing touches?

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:23 pm

KevinMcL wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:08 pm
Ok so I figured it out. Citrix share is an online storage platform like Dropbox. I’ve never heard of it till this either. Turns out the missing piece of the puzzle was the Citrix file share app! With that I was able to transfer the files to the files app.

I made a folder in files and then downloaded all the .wav files into it. Then they were available to auria. Yay!!!

So this has lead me to another question. Does auria have a way to transfer non mixed down projects? Can I send someone my project with the mixing progress I’ve made so far and let them do some work on it, then send it back to me for finishing touches?
Just zip up your project file in Files and provide the file to them.

KevinMcL

Post by KevinMcL » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:06 am

Awesome thanks again... you have been an immense help! I appreciate you!