help with PSP channel strip effects?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

LeesKeys

help with PSP channel strip effects?

Post by LeesKeys » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:01 am

I'm new to Auria, working on my first project now. I've "tampered" with the built in effects for EQ, Compression, and Expander. But I'm not sure what I'm doing- a lot of guess work and listening. Are there any videos or tutorials beyond what's in the manual on how to effectively use these tools? I know everyone loves the Fab Four add-ons, but right now my budget won't accommodate any further purchases.

Espiegel123
Expert

Re: help with PSP channel strip effects?

Post by Espiegel123 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:36 pm

LeesKeys wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:01 am
I'm new to Auria, working on my first project now. I've "tampered" with the built in effects for EQ, Compression, and Expander. But I'm not sure what I'm doing- a lot of guess work and listening. Are there any videos or tutorials beyond what's in the manual on how to effectively use these tools? I know everyone loves the Fab Four add-ons, but right now my budget won't accommodate any further purchases.
The channel strip is pretty straightforward and the effects (expander, Eq, compressor) are good quality and use common controls. If you do a web search, you will find plenty of info about each type of component. If you aren’t sure what Eq and compression are used for, it is worth reading some articles or watching some videos about their use.