Click n Pops with Audiobus

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Crowleytunes

Click n Pops with Audiobus

Post by Crowleytunes » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:22 am

Hi all,

Been struggling for a week now to solve this. I am constantly getting clicks and pops in regular intervals on every track I record. I have a new iPad Pro 12’ 2nd Gen, and i’m recording various Apps via Audiobus 3 into Auria Pro. I have set the session to 44.1 to match Audiobus, but regardless of how little CPU is being used these click keep appearing.

I can only hear them on playback, and never during recording. And they appear visually on each and every track, so I know they are imbedded into the track. Mixdown into AudioShare confirmed this. They are not in sync with the sessions bpm, so I’m at abit if a loss. I’ve had the issue since purchase, and it’s killing my new toy vibes.

Any ideas? Cheers!

Gary
Expert

Re: Click n Pops with Audiobus

Post by Gary » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:34 am

Does it happen with IAA? Could it be a hardware issue? I had a similar issue with an interface power supply and I ended up buying extra good gauge extension cords of all things. Then the problem seemed to go away. Who knows if it was even related to flakey house hold current, but for now I’m back in business.

Crowleytunes

Post by Crowleytunes » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:24 pm

Thanks for responding.

Yes it happens regardless of wether it is plugged into any interface or power, or just freestanding.
And yes, even IAA have the same issue. Though it doesn’t happen in apps such as Garage Band.

I don’t have this issue on my much older iPad mini. So I’m still at a loss.

Crowleytunes

Post by Crowleytunes » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:32 pm

It only happens after an IAA or app used via Audio bus is used. The track starts recording fine with no clicks, but as soon as I perform something they come back. If I however then disable said IAA whilst still recording the click’s disappear.