How to send MIDI program and CC messages through Auria to control external MIDI devices (GCP, Voice Live, GM2, etc.)

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Mister Well Brazil

How to send MIDI program and CC messages through Auria to control external MIDI devices (GCP, Voice Live, GM2, etc.)

Post by Mister Well Brazil » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:59 pm

Hello there.

I would like to use Auria to control my MIDI devices while playing backing tracks or just MIDI tracks. I’ve read the manual, searched the net and the forum, but haven’t found details about that.
I want to be able to control my rig and be free to focus on singing and playing guitar. I’ve learned SetList Maker can do what I’m looking for, but I do hope Auria can do that and even control SLM as well, in case I ever purchase it for other reasons.
I’ve been trying to do that for a couple of days now without success. Looks like I’m missing something. I do appreciate your support.

Cheers.

wigglelights
Expert

Re: How to send MIDI program and CC messages through Auria to control external MIDI devices (GCP, Voice Live, GM2, etc.)

Post by wigglelights » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:36 pm

Hi

Sending PC or CC to external gear successfully is somewhat dependent on the midi interface and outboard gear you have. If you could be more specific about what you are using and trying to do

As it sounds like you wish to use Auria to provide backing tracks you play along with live -

Double tap the midi track (or if an fx device without notes create a track for that device)
Set a step resolution as in the following and deactivate pencil tool
B074EF97-CC98-4347-90A9-A6E36711D33B.jpeg

Then select PC (1j
Press and hold to insert PC at desired location (2)
Drag vertically to value shown in window at (3)
If a CC value, select curve in (4)
0E34800A-C66E-4070-BE3A-14DB8450503E.jpeg

The channel of the device must match the channel of the track

Hope that gets you going

Mister Well Brazil

Re: How to send MIDI program and CC messages through Auria to control external MIDI devices (GCP, Voice Live, GM2, etc.)

Post by Mister Well Brazil » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:56 pm

Thank you, wigglelights, for the valuable information. I’ve already followed your instructions and got closer to get things working as they should, I suppose. Although I’ve found how to write the program changes, they’re not acting as they should.
My Voicelive 2 is being used on channel 5 (midi track is on channel 5 too). At first, it followed most of the PCs. Now it stays mostly on preset 1, no matter what the program number is on Auria.
Am I supposed to set the general midi Settings in a certain way?
4AD0FA43-67FE-418A-86FD-F6AE3E7F666C.png
What about the midi control setup on the midi track FX channel strip? What are the values, if any, to be used?
709A98E2-742F-4FF9-9852-8DCC431C25D9.png
I do appreciate your support. I’m very excited to confirm that I can do what I was expecting from Auria. It’s still a good learning curve for me, but I’m happy with it. Most of the what I know (still not very much) comes from reading and try-error-try...
I feel like I’m just about to nail it (with your precious help, for sure).
Attachments
FE2AA867-AAA5-4B82-9F00-FCA3C3D70A6F.png