New iPad Pro X?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

2l8m8

Re: New iPad Pro X?

Post by 2l8m8 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:49 pm

You can choose from several different ones that are more suitable.

jrech
Expert

Post by jrech » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:17 pm

I like the first one. Mainly because it has a headphone jack. The rest are cool too. I will look at them more closely later tonight.
iPad Pro, Auria Pro - https://jodyrech.bandcamp.com

jrech
Expert

Post by jrech » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:07 pm

I really like the hyperdrive for the iPad Pro It comes out in December and you can get 50% off if you sign up on their email. I don’t need the sd or micro sd but the usb and headphone jack are perfect. I think some updates to the iOS will allow external hardrives to get used with the iPad Pro. There will be other hubs that come out too, I am sure. Finding the one that works the best will be interesting. Any other ideas are always wanted and used. Thank you to everyone who has helped me get this new iPad Pro idea off the ground.

2l8m8

Post by 2l8m8 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:11 am

I will add a little.
When working with heavy files, wifi is too slow. In such cases, it is better to connect via gigabit Ethernet. Not for everyone, but for sure the universal solution available:
HyperDrive Ultimate USB-C Hub

NYhaven

Post by NYhaven » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:45 am

Still looking for a simple hub that allows me to monitor with my wired headphones and record audio with a converted usb c mic.
Last edited by NYhaven on Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

NYhaven

Post by NYhaven » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:06 am

Still looking for a simple hub that allows me to monitor with my wired headphones and record audio with a converted usb c mic.

jrech
Expert

Post by jrech » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:22 pm

Did you get a new iPad Pro, nyhaven? The older ones have the headphone jack. The new ones don’t. I am thinking of getting the one hub that is coming out in December. It has a headphone jack on it. I am sure there will be more as the new iPad pros get used.

YZJustDatGuy

Post by YZJustDatGuy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:10 am

I purchased the Hyperdrive Solo from Best Buy on Friday (https://www.hypershop.com/collections/u ... pc-devices). Everything works like it should. Only thing is once its attached, it stops audio from coming out of the speakers on the iPad as the iPad is registering that headphones are attached. The 3.5mm port can work as a line in as well. Both USB ports work just fine. I was able to use my audio interface and keyboard with it no problems. It’s just as thin as the iPad itself although its for the MacBook Pro. It not too much different than the one they have coming soon except that it doesn’t sit in the center of the iPad. See image below
76786F74-1B1F-4CD3-8A3D-321EC58FC7B2.jpeg

jsol
Expert

Post by jsol » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:28 am

Nice set up! Yes I have the same issue I cannot use my new iPad Pro running the latest software with my zen studio due to a static noise. Please test and update the issue since my 1000 dollar investment is non useable with Auria at the moment. Thank you auria team.

jrech
Expert

Post by jrech » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:00 am

That is a nice setup. I am going to wait for the one that fits on the iPad I think. I am ordering the new iPad this week. I am torn between getting the 512gb 12.9 or the 1tb 11 inch iPads. I like the 2 extra Gb of ram for the smaller one. Will the screen be that much different in viewing? Which one do you guys think? I know I have asked this before already. I like to hear all opinions on this.

jrech
Expert

Post by jrech » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:49 pm

I’m off on a tangent here. I am sorry. Has anyone gotten the new iPad pros and tried an external hard drive connector with it? That would be so awesome with auria to save songs. You wouldn’t have to get an iPad with a lot of storage space. The usb c output can save the files. Might be an update Corey or Rim can share info on with us.

YZJustDatGuy

Post by YZJustDatGuy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:57 pm

jrech wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:49 pm
I’m off on a tangent here. I am sorry. Has anyone gotten the new iPad pros and tried an external hard drive connector with it? That would be so awesome with auria to save songs. You wouldn’t have to get an iPad with a lot of storage space. The usb c output can save the files. Might be an update Corey or Rim can share info on with us.
No hard drive support still. I wonder if they’ll be iOS hard drives like the Sandisk iXpand but for USB C.
Also speaking on the 12.9 vs 11 inch...I feel like the only difference would be screen size and how much of an app you can split screen and what not. I have the 12.9 and coming from the 10.5 is a big deal. This feels more like a laptop compared to a tablet when I used the 10.5. Still very light and portable. I also don’t think the extra RAM will make a huge difference. I’ve always felt like the CPU mattered more on iOS than RAM. My 12.9 and 10.5 have the same amount of RAM but I’m able to power more synths without issue on the 12.9. I haven’t heard crackling or anything like that yet when working at 1024 samples.

jrech
Expert

Post by jrech » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:36 pm

Thank you for the reply. I am getting the 512gb size but I am just deciding on the size of the screen. I don’t know if it will make that much of the difference except save $200. I had the 2017 12.9 iPad Pro and I liked it. I guess the question is can I handle a downsize in screen size but an increase in recording space? Or do I pay the extra 200 for the same screen size? I think the external hard drive connectors will be upgraded with iOS updates. Apple is headed that way I think.

NYhaven

Post by NYhaven » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:33 am

jrech wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:36 pm
Thank you for the reply. I am getting the 512gb size but I am just deciding on the size of the screen. I don’t know if it will make that much of the difference except save $200. I had the 2017 12.9 iPad Pro and I liked it. I guess the question is can I handle a downsize in screen size but an increase in recording space? Or do I pay the extra 200 for the same screen size? I think the external hard drive connectors will be upgraded with iOS updates. Apple is headed that way I think.
I just received my 11 iPad Pro and I think it’s a perfect size for Auria usage and mobility. Just have to try audio interfaces with these adapters. I don’t think it’s worth it (. 12.9) if you’re on the fence UNLESS you need that screen real estate and I’m cool not having it.

jrech
Expert

Post by jrech » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:30 am

Thank you nyhaven. What are you using to connect headphones to hear everything? I just ordered an 11 one. I can use the extra cash for updating or getting something else.