MIDI AU Support... When???

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

sch
Expert

MIDI AU Support... When???

Post by sch » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:59 pm

Rim, hoping that this is being worked on and we can expect it soon?

sch
Expert

Re: MIDI AU Support... When???

Post by sch » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:58 am

Well, I guess the deafening silence answers this one. I keep trying to switch to AP for everything, but it's one issue after another that crop up to stymie creativity and rarely seem to get resolved, let alone keeping up with what's new and useful in the iOS world. AP has never really properly advanced beyond Auria standard... the Pro part just doesn't work well enough to be used consistently from start to finish. What a shame!

Guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and learn the nitty-gritty of Cubasis, that is until Nanostudio 2 is finally released!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:46 am

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. AU MIDI is on my list and I am hoping to fit it into the next update.

Rim

sch
Expert

Post by sch » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:14 am

Thanks for the reply, Rim, that's great to hear!

ScottSunn

Post by ScottSunn » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:46 pm

Has this been addressed yet? I’m hoping to use Rosetta plugs to control synths, has there been a tutorial or instructions for this?

YZJustDatGuy

Post by YZJustDatGuy » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:54 am

ScottSunn wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:46 pm
Has this been addressed yet? I’m hoping to use Rosetta plugs to control synths, has there been a tutorial or instructions for this?
From the audiobus forum. Just tested it out and it works.
4B39015D-F2DE-4F73-BF3A-8A2E58632C1E.jpeg

-ki
Expert

Post by -ki » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:23 am

This only ‚kind of‘ works, as v2.20 only sends out the first note of a chord - so as long as the output is monophonic the workaround is okay,

I already filed a bug report and Rim is looking into it.

Anotherer thing that is missing in Auria Pro is ‚chaining‘ of AU midi apps, ie the output of one AU Midi plugins is send as input into another AU midi. For instance the output Rozeta Cells is arp‘ed by Rozeta Arp or StepPolyArp. Or Riffer generates melodies that are send to Rozeta Scaler with animated transposition. Or Rozeta XoX send to StreamByter running a SplitToChannels script.

Setting up such midi chains is fairly common in AUM, ApeMatrix or Audiobus, but still not available in IOS DAWs.

Rodolfo
Expert

Post by Rodolfo » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:54 pm

-ki wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:23 am
This only ‚kind of‘ works, as v2.20 only sends out the first note of a chord - so as long as the output is monophonic the workaround is okay,

I already filed a bug report and Rim is looking into it.

Anotherer thing that is missing in Auria Pro is ‚chaining‘ of AU midi apps, ie the output of one AU Midi plugins is send as input into another AU midi. For instance the output Rozeta Cells is arp‘ed by Rozeta Arp or StepPolyArp. Or Riffer generates melodies that are send to Rozeta Scaler with animated transposition. Or Rozeta XoX send to StreamByter running a SplitToChannels script.

Setting up such midi chains is fairly common in AUM, ApeMatrix or Audiobus, but still not available in IOS DAWs.
I just tried to use Rozeta XOX to drive Ruismaker FM but as you mentioned it triggers only one MIDI note at a time, so as an example it can’t play a Kick and a Hi-Hat at the same time.

@Rim I understand as per previous comment that you are already aware of this issue. Do you need any further info from us or any additional testing that can help you solve this issue?
Thank you!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:39 pm

Thanks, I've fixed this already, it was pretty simple. It'll appear in the next update.

Rim

Rodolfo
Expert

Post by Rodolfo » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:03 pm

Rim wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:39 pm
Thanks, I've fixed this already, it was pretty simple. It'll appear in the next update.

Rim
That’s great! Thank you Rim!