Symphonic Strings?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Frankv3
Expert

Symphonic Strings?

Post by Frankv3 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:38 pm

Does anyone have recommendations for an inexpensive realistic sounding plug-in for symphonic strings which will work on Auria? Lyra sounds are pathetic. Thanks for any help.

Gary
Expert

Re: Symphonic Strings?

Post by Gary » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:12 am

I don’t know a lot about strings, but to my ears the Miroslav Philharmonik series (an add on to Sampletank) or Orchestral Dreams an add on through Korg Module seem to sound realistic.

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:34 pm

ISymphonic sounds pretty good, actually Id say they sound great, some of the best strings Ive heard come from an Ipad. Havent bought any expansions for it yet but the ones that come with it are getting the job done, plus it works as an audio unit.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac

Tovokas
Expert

Post by Tovokas » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:13 am

There are nice string sounds out there that you can load into Lyra, but the process is (by all accounts) a bit more complicated than loading up an AU.

I second iSymphonic: it is an AU, and there are great sounding, and diverse, instruments available. It’s likely best to wait for a sale, or the temptation to add a bunch of different sound sets can get a bit pricey. :)

BeatHawk is another AU option. It’s available symphonic sound sets aren’t anywhere near as diverse as iSymphonic, but they do sound pretty good, and are easier on both your storage and your pocketbook. (Again, sale prices help).