does Apple Slowing Down Older Devices affect Auria

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

does Apple Slowing Down Older Devices affect Auria

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:36 am

Since Apple just admitted that it is intentionally slowing down our older devices with their iOS updates brings me to consider wether this is affecting our Auria recording experience. Cheers
Last edited by Anthony Alves on Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:28 am, edited 4 times in total.

Tovokas
Expert

Re: ALERT*How does Apple Slowing Down Older Devices affect Auria

Post by Tovokas » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:50 am

Now I haven’t researched this too closely, but I haven't heard any mention that Apple is doing this with iPads in addition to the iPhones (6, 6s, SE, and 7) they specifically mentioned. Or that it slows down devices while they are plugged in, etc.

Regardless, easier and more cost efficient battery replacements would mitigate the issue. (Apparently they don’t blanket slow down older phones: they slow down older phones with gimpy batteries, so replacing the battery turns the slowdown ‘feature’ off).

Tovokas
Expert

Re: does Apple Slowing Down Older Devices affect Auria

Post by Tovokas » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:14 am

Again, this seems like an iPhone only thing, but Apple is responding to the anger by reducing the cost of iPhone battery replacements in 2018 to around $30. I’ll happily take advantage of that for my iPhone 6s plus next fall. :)

They’ll also be adding tools that better display battery conditions, etc.

Details: https://www.apple.com/iphone-battery-and-performance/