ISymphonic auria cpu

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Bobfossil1
Expert

ISymphonic auria cpu

Post by Bobfossil1 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:28 am

I expect this is an ISymphonic issue rather than an auria issue (although it could also be because I’m an idiot!) but when I use ISymphonic as an AU, I can only use one, or occasionally 2 instances of it at once. Any more than that and it works until I touch anything in the auria mixer, and then cpu usage goes haywire and I have to remove it from any track it’s on. This happens when I am only using ISymphonic and everything else is turned off. What am I doing wrong. I thought AUs could be used multiple times without problems??

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: ISymphonic auria cpu

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:49 pm

Well there isnt much info here to test this like what iPad? IOS ver? Auria Ver? Ect. I will try to think out loud. I assume you are inserting iSynphonic as an AU into a midi track. I think your using it live meaning you didnt record the first track by bouncing in place before you created another midi track and inserted another instance of iSynphonic. This means you are using iSynphonic in multitimbral mode. It has 16 parts each tepresenting a midi channel.
I recommend that you set a different midi channel for each of the parts. Make sure the parts in iSynphonic also match Auria’s midi tracks. Make sure you dont input from all or output from all. In addition Auria’s. midi requires that the track be ingaged to record in order to hear the AU or IAA plugin. This is a definate draw back if you intend to have 16 parts triggering iSynphonic live. My advice is copy the midi tracks and store the within the project in dummy midi tracks and mute those parts. Now bounce in place each part when your done the midi. Save each midi part before bouncing in place as it will be lost after Auria leaves that project. Also check that your recording buffer isnt to low like 64 or 128. Best to keep it 512. So depending on how much iPad power you have will depend how many instances of iSynphonic you will be able to load. This app streams direct from SD drive just like Auria does. That means lease are long samples. Good luck. Cheers.

Bobfossil1
Expert

Post by Bobfossil1 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:02 pm

Ta - v useful!

lkingston
Expert

Post by lkingston » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:29 am

It didn’t used to do this. Something broke in one of the recent updates. There is also a problem with “render in place” and track freezing with this plugin (which only happens in Auria, not Cubasis or Garage Band). A few updates ago you could use this plugin if you just did real time renders. Now, with Auria at least, it is unusable. It’s a shame because it is a fantastic sounding plugin.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:01 am

I've confirmed with the author of iSymphonic that this is an iOS issue and Apple is aware of it. They say it's going to be fixed in an upcoming iOS update.

In the mean time, iSymphonic works fine if you do a real time bounce in Auria.

Rim

RidiculocitY

Post by RidiculocitY » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:22 am

Hey there I guess this is my first time posting here even though I’ve been a regular for info on the great Auria app we all love so much . So a shout out to Rim.. thanks you will be getting a fair share of publicity coming your way soon I expect since this iPad album I’ve been working on for 5 years has scored a major publishing deal in Australia. It’s almost ready to pull the trigge4 I’ll save that for another time.

I bought this app and a fe wow his others this week. I had put it off for quite a while mainly because there just isn’t any real vibe about his products. Nobody really seems to talk them up or trash them which I tend to always think is worse than being canned and speaks volumes. Black Friday I took the plunge and am super disappointed. Not so much the chump change it cost but this app wasted 2 always Important and valuable day of wrapping up my album. Aside from the crappy look of it, there is hardly any support online and it just DOES NOT WORK. I tried it across multipolar iPads, every app I have and the same result it just can’t churn out a Mixdown. Looking at my crash reports and as a dev there seems to be a lot of conflicting going on under that hood. It’s a shame the samples are really nice.. they all sound like crap once you hook them up to newly ever other app though and the piano had laughing my ass off flickering around in the UI covering the instruments to pick from in the brass instrument app I grabbed which has virtually the same problems..

I cursed the devs name quite a bit under headphones the last two days and having my time wasted is like stealing my breath. I’m living with a terminal illness, can’t clot blood and have a continuous brain bleed. So it’s not some pretentious BS. I literally don’t have the time to spare...

Ps Rim congrats on having a more stable app than Garage band since that iOS 11 date my terabyte of important music has been screwed so ,any won’t open, the app crashes like madness and now I have an issue where I can’t hit the most used UNDO button or it crashes and you loose all your work...

Your work for Auria during the massive iOS undertaking of finally creating a file sytem was stellar and dint waste my time 👍
Do What Makes You Happy!
DreadCircus - Non Conformist CD - Coming 2019
https://jadestarr.com.au

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:33 am

Awesome, thanks for sharing. Good luck with the album!

Rim