Glitch sound pressing on/off in some effects

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Metallion
Expert

Glitch sound pressing on/off in some effects

Post by Metallion » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:34 am

Hi.
I use an ipad air 2 with auria pro in rehearsal context mainly.

I don't apply many effects really, i just plug and play all inputs, monitor on, latency with its lowest and volume up on the PA system.

I notice that, at least in my master strip channel, when i press some controls (comp on/off) the app makes a glitch sound like those when we are using low latency and the processor cant handle. But its not the case, even if i use highest latency, those glitchs are always there.

The unique problem is its very annoying these sounds getting out in the PA System at high volumes.
Turning on and off any option shouldn't never make noises.

Is it only in my side or its a know problem?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Glitch sound pressing on/off in some effects

Post by Rim » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:55 am

This is normal, and it happens whenever the latency in the system changes (for example when adding, bypassing or removing plugins). It's necessary because Auria's delay compensation engine needs to adjust to the new latency. All DAWs face the same issue when the latency in the system changes. If you need to bypass effects in real time, I suggest using mutes, as that won't change the latency like adding/removing an effect will.

Rim

Metallion
Expert

Post by Metallion » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:02 am

Understood!

Would be easy to make an under the hood automation that could make that already to the user?

This is, instead of:
-expecting the user to first press mute in the channel and then turn on/off the CMP, etc.
The Auria Pro itself would be code prepared to, if the user press on/off on those options, under the hood you would make a master fade out first -> turn on/off those options -> master output fade in after.

This way it would seem less "buggy" at least.

Thanks!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:40 am

That sounds good in theory, but the issue is all of the audio needs to stop for a brief moment when adapting to the new latency, not just one track.

Rim

Metallion
Expert

Post by Metallion » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:45 am

Yes, i thought that.. that's why i thought making that under the hood to the master(s) output(s).
Thanks anyway.