Convolution Reverb Issue

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

JRSIV
Expert

Convolution Reverb Issue

Post by JRSIV » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:23 pm

I have some convolution IR's I've had for awhile and want to use them with the Auria Convolution Reverb but I am experiencing some issues.

The files are from a Bricasti M7 sample set. The files all have 3 versions labeled for example:
Hall L.wav
Hall R.wav
Hall M-S.wav

I seem to remember these working in Auria v.1, before Pro came out but I don't know for sure. I guess these types of IR's are called Nonlinear. When using any of them, the L, R or M-S version, a horrible high level distortion noise happens as the reverb tail fades. Nearly killed me with a surprise jolt the first time, concentrating on the reverb length to possibly adjust it and then BLLLRRRZZZZZZ!!!

I tried the files in AltiSpace, a convolution reverb app with Audiobus & IAA and all 3 versions of a reverb file worked fine there. I like having the IR reverb within Auria so just wanted to report this. I tried other IR files with it and it worked fine and all the preloaded IRs like Abbey Plate, etc that come inside it also work fine.

I first figured it was the files but everyone of the versions of a reverb that I threw at AltiSpace worked. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Be cool, JohnRSIV
JRSIV's Studio V uses Auria Pro v2.33 on an iPad Air 5 (2022) 256GB w/iPadOS 16.3
Other gear includes: Tascam US-2x2 interface, Behringer UMC404HD interface, TC Electronics SOLO, Sony MDR-7506 headphones

JRSIV
Expert

Re: Convolution Reverb Issue

Post by JRSIV » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:49 am

I know Rim & the team get busy but I was still curious about this bug or whatever I ran into when using the IR files in the Auria Convolution Reverb?
JRSIV's Studio V uses Auria Pro v2.33 on an iPad Air 5 (2022) 256GB w/iPadOS 16.3
Other gear includes: Tascam US-2x2 interface, Behringer UMC404HD interface, TC Electronics SOLO, Sony MDR-7506 headphones

richardyot
Expert

Post by richardyot » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:04 am

I filed a bug about this some time back. It seems that many IR files that used to work in Auria v1 no longer work in Auria Pro, including the IRs from Sample City.

JRSIV
Expert

Post by JRSIV » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:55 am

richardyot wrote:I filed a bug about this some time back. It seems that many IR files that used to work in Auria v1 no longer work in Auria Pro, including the IRs from Sample City.
Thanks Richard. You're always a solid cat with great info & opinions here & at the AB forum. I appreciate it.

I will just use the two AudioBus/IAA convulution reverb apps I have AltiSpace & Mobile Convolution for now. But you know what I mean, using the Auria plugins & AU's is just easier .

I have some really nice Lexicon verbs & chamber IR's I like using and I still want to try those cabinet IR's that were on AB forum a while back & some other site I got some from.

Thanks again....