Workflow recommendation

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Pericles

Workflow recommendation

Post by Pericles » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:42 pm

I have previously been using Beatmaker 2 for drum chopping, sampling, recording, sequencing, etc. and then exporting tracks into Auria for mixing and mastering. This is extremely tedious, especially the need to copy and paste individual stems into Auria.

I would love to be able to do everything within Auria and do away completely with Beatmaker 2. Are the following tasks possible in Auria (either natively or via plugs)?

- Store all drum samples inside a central repository/folder?
- Chop up drum loops and place individual hits on a grid?

I love the drum pads and grid sequencer in Beatmaker 2, but the importing and exporting and horrendous file and folder structure system is becoming intolerable.

krzycrs
Expert

Re: Workflow recommendation

Post by krzycrs » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:39 pm

Hi, like you could put bm2 in an audiotrack as an iaa instr., sequence it with a miditrack in/out (and audiobus and a miditr. or another seuencer app and aum) ? cheers, crs

Sparkle
Expert

Re: Workflow recommendation

Post by Sparkle » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:18 am

Auria Sampler can only import SFX/EXS files , so you cannot build your own instruments internally .
So although there are drum pads , they are to play SFX drums & do not offer the play features of BM2 pads.
You can "chop up loops" in the sense of editing audio & with the ABleton-like warp options it is deeper than BM2 ,
but designed in a linear DAW fashion it doesn't feel as beat based as the Sample loop editing in BM2 .