Can I use VocaLive as effects for Auria Pro?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

MicciHay
Expert

Can I use VocaLive as effects for Auria Pro?

Post by MicciHay » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:46 am

I am also thinking of having VocaLive app.
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/vocaliveios/

Can it be used for effects in Auria Pro?

If so, will it be possible through Inter-App-Audio or Audio Bus? Or, don’t I have to use either of these?

If I can have some guidance on how to do it anyway, it will be even more appreciated, again.

White Rabbit

Re: Can I use VocaLive as effects for Auria Pro?

Post by White Rabbit » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:25 pm

Yes you can do it through audio buss.

You can add it as an insert or as aux send.

White Rabbit

Re: Can I use VocaLive as effects for Auria Pro?

Post by White Rabbit » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:13 pm

Actually you don't even need audio buss.

Go into the channel strip of the channel you want to use vocalive on. In the top right of the channel strip you'll see an insert box, tap on it and you'll see vocalive as an option. Selected and its inserted into that channel . If you want to use over multiple tracks, above the master fader is a button called Aux fx, tap that find vocalive, select it. You add the fx to the track by turning the corresponding aux pot of the Aux fx slot you added vocalive too. If you added to aux fx slot 1 turn aux pot one up on the channel strip.

Certain things should be used as an insert and certain things as an aux send. As a rule of thumb if if you only need to apply it to a single track then insert it, things like compression, harmonizers etc. thing like delay and reverb should be used as an aux send so you can use over multiple tracks like Vox and backing vox etc.

The fx are much better in Auria than in vocalive. The reverb's are especially bad in vocalive.